    choices. Returning home, we could not get connected, so put the home address
    at the top of the list. That seemed to help. Should the address we want to
    use always be at the top of the list? Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=, Mar 3, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=

    Guest

    On 3-Mar-2006, =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?= <> wrote:

    > We can use the dialup ISP telephone over wi-fi
    > just fine, but not email sending. Any clues how to troubleshoot this?

    There was a product called MailRoam v1.2.1 by Trigon Software designed
    for people with more than one ISP, or who roam the world. It works with
    WinXP but is a bit tricky to set up. As far as I can determine it creates
    a localhost smtp server, so you send mail to this server, which you configure
    for each ISP, and it sends mail via the ISP's server, that would,
    without MailRoam give an "Unable to relay" error message.
    But Trigon seem to have vanished.

    , Mar 3, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=

    Frankster Guest

    > Out of country, we can access dialup and web email accounts and
    > internet on area wi-fis fine, but the dial-up server prevents sending
    > email
    > out, even if we call up IExplorer and access other webmail accounts
    > directly
    > (broadband ISP and Hotmail).

    This part really makes no sense. If you access a webmail website directly
    (such as hotmail) even when you write and send an email, *you* are not
    sending the email out, the hotmail server is. That's why it makes no sense.
    It should work.

    The only thing I can think of that could cause this webmail problem is
    possibly some software on your own machine that is monitoring all mail
    (including webmail accounts). What kind of AV and options do you have
    installed?

    -Frank

    Frankster, Mar 3, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=

    Don Grover Guest

    "BC Mesa" <> wrote in message
    > Our laptop with WinXP-home has NetZero dial-up ISP through Netscape,
    > accessed
    > through MS Office Outlook. Works fine until we travel & hook up with area
    > wi-fi. Out of country, we can access dialup and web email accounts and
    > internet on area wi-fis fine, but the dial-up server prevents sending
    > email
    > out, even if we call up IExplorer and access other webmail accounts
    > directly
    > (broadband ISP and Hotmail). We can use the dialup ISP telephone over
    > wi-fi
    > just fine, but not email sending. Any clues how to troubleshoot this?
    > Also- because of so much travel, we have many wifi addresses in our list
    > of
    > choices. Returning home, we could not get connected, so put the home
    > address
    > at the top of the list. That seemed to help. Should the address we want
    > use always be at the top of the list? Thanks

    I use authsmtp, this allows me to send emails independant of connection
    providors.
    http://control.authsmtp.com/signin-secure.php
    Cheap to, I think $20 for whole year.

    I always have my office/home wlan at top, I also use the intel connection
    manager as this seams to have better control with +40 wifi connections .
    Regards
    Don G.

    Don Grover, Mar 5, 2006
  5. Thanks for your help. We'll look for this kind of adaptation when purchasing
    a new laptop for our travels later this summer. It does seem cumbersome, but
    maybe new technology will be out soon. Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=, May 10, 2006
  6. Thanks for the reply ... we've been traveling again...yes, the
    NetZero/Netscape software seems to have a block of some kind. It's my
    husband's laptop - could not tell all that is installed. Shotgun might help.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=, May 10, 2006
  7. Thanks, I'll check this out. New laptop purchase with more "modern" wireless
    technology may be additional need. Appreciate the tip.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=, May 10, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=

    Don Grover Guest

    I put most travelling laptop users on http://www.authsmtp.com
    It costs about $10 year to use them for outgoing mail.

    Don Grover, May 11, 2006
  9. Thank you, Don. We're checking it out.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkMgTWVzYQ==?=, May 11, 2006