Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ........, Nov 9, 2010.

  1. ........

    ........ Guest

    Dear Everyone,
    as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while
    the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil
    is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases.
    By upgrading your car to flex fuel, you will continue to be able to
    use oil. However you will also have the
    opportunity to use E85, that means more freedom of choice. The
    conversion cost is about 200-250 USD.
    By choosing ethanol, you choose local fuel production, which means
    labour for farmers, labour for enginneers
    and workers in the ethanol plant, labour for transportation. Moreover
    you also help for indirect labour. Since
    the money stays in your country, this money will turn and produce
    indirect labour. Since the farmer will gain
    your additional fuel money, he will buy other things (labour is again
    needed for their production), which in case
    of oil the oil-Sheikhs or their people would do.
    That ethanol production increases the food prices is also not totally
    right, first there is a by-product called
    "distillers dried grains with solubles", which is used as feed for
    livestock, that is also nothing else than
    food. Moreover, by using ethanol, you put pressure on oil prices,
    which has also an important effect on food
    prices. You also give your money for more research (again labour),
    which will yield in higher efficiency of
    production and alternative production methods like cellulosic ethanol,
    which will change the whole equation.
    Again in case of oil this money would be spent for oil rigs, oil-
    infrastructure, but also for weapons to
    defend the oil.
    By using ethanol, you produce less CO2, since it is produced by corn,
    which actually consumed the CO2 in the air
    for its growing. The more people use ethanol, the higher the
    efficiencies will come for production (similar to
    solar cells). The prices will go further down, and much less CO2 will
    be produced during production in the plant.
    Do you know that the production efficiencies already improved 30% ?*
    Another reason for using ethanol is that oil prices will come up
    again, when the barrel price of 150 USD is back
    you will be very happy to have your vehicle converted. The conversion
    also increases the value of your vehicle.

    Yours sincerely.

    Sources:
    *http://brownfieldagnews.com/2010/09/21/ethanol-production-efficiency-
    improves/

    ........, Nov 9, 2010

  2. ........

    Alex VI Guest

    "........" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Everyone,
    > as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while
    > the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil
    > is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases.
    > By upgrading your car to flex fuel, you will continue to be able to
    > use oil. However you will also have the
    > opportunity to use E85, that means more freedom of choice. The
    > conversion cost is about 200-250 USD.
    > By choosing ethanol, you choose local fuel production, which means
    > labour for farmers, labour for enginneers
    > and workers in the ethanol plant, labour for transportation. Moreover
    > you also help for indirect labour. Since
    > the money stays in your country, this money will turn and produce
    > indirect labour. Since the farmer will gain
    > your additional fuel money, he will buy other things (labour is again
    > needed for their production), which in case
    > of oil the oil-Sheikhs or their people would do.
    > That ethanol production increases the food prices is also not totally
    > right, first there is a by-product called
    > "distillers dried grains with solubles", which is used as feed for
    > livestock, that is also nothing else than
    > food. Moreover, by using ethanol, you put pressure on oil prices,
    > which has also an important effect on food
    > prices. You also give your money for more research (again labour),
    > which will yield in higher efficiency of
    > production and alternative production methods like cellulosic ethanol,
    > which will change the whole equation.
    > Again in case of oil this money would be spent for oil rigs, oil-
    > infrastructure, but also for weapons to
    > defend the oil.
    > By using ethanol, you produce less CO2, since it is produced by corn,
    > which actually consumed the CO2 in the air
    > for its growing. The more people use ethanol, the higher the
    > efficiencies will come for production (similar to
    > solar cells). The prices will go further down, and much less CO2 will
    > be produced during production in the plant.
    > Do you know that the production efficiencies already improved 30% ?*
    > Another reason for using ethanol is that oil prices will come up
    > again, when the barrel price of 150 USD is back
    > you will be very happy to have your vehicle converted. The conversion
    > also increases the value of your vehicle.
    >
    > Yours sincerely.
    >

    > Sources:
    > *http://brownfieldagnews.com/2010/09/21/ethanol-production-efficiency-
    > improves/

    When you fill your car up, what comes out of the pump is already a blend of
    bioethanol, people just don't know it.

    Alex VI, Nov 10, 2010

  3. ........

    Martin Brown Guest

    On 10/11/2010 08:45, Alex VI wrote:
    > "........" <> wrote in message
    >> Dear Everyone,
    >> as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while
    >> the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil
    >> is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases.

    So far so good. But the best way to improve things is to buy vehicles
    that obtain sensible fuel efficiency of 50+mpg.

    >> By using ethanol, you produce less CO2, since it is produced by corn,
    >> which actually consumed the CO2 in the air

    Unfortunately, although the US grain lobby would like you to believe
    this the efficiency end to end including planting, growing , harvesting
    and processing the stuff to ethanol is extremely borderline and only
    works because of subsidies and US trade barriers against imports. It is
    complete madness to turn food grade corn into industrial alcohol.

    The process is economic at equatorial latitudes like Brazil where sugar
    cane with C4 photosythesis can grow quickly and be entirely used in
    production of alcohol. Corn to alcohol is jfar too wasteful and is one
    of those being seen to do "something" to placate enviromentalists.

    >> you will be very happy to have your vehicle converted. The conversion
    >> also increases the value of your vehicle.
    >>
    >> Yours sincerely.
    >>

    >> Sources:
    >> *http://brownfieldagnews.com/2010/09/21/ethanol-production-efficiency-
    >> improves/

    Sponsored by the corn lobby no doubt. For a somewhat more impartial look
    at the corn to alcohol economics and the GHG savings try Wiki:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

    > When you fill your car up, what comes out of the pump is already a blend
    > of bioethanol, people just don't know it.

    US fuels are pretty horrible cocktails of stuff. Some of which is
    unfortunately both suspected to be carcinogenic and water soluble so
    leaches into the groundwater from leaking tanks at filling stations.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Nov 10, 2010
  4. ........

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <oktCo.12556$>,
    |||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk says...
    >
    > On 10/11/2010 08:45, Alex VI wrote:
    > > "........" <> wrote in message
    > >> Dear Everyone,
    > >> as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while
    > >> the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil
    > >> is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases.

    > So far so good. But the best way to improve things is to buy vehicles
    > that obtain sensible fuel efficiency of 50+mpg.
    >
    > >> By using ethanol, you produce less CO2, since it is produced by corn,
    > >> which actually consumed the CO2 in the air

    > Unfortunately, although the US grain lobby would like you to believe
    > this the efficiency end to end including planting, growing , harvesting
    > and processing the stuff to ethanol is extremely borderline and only
    > works because of subsidies and US trade barriers against imports. It is
    > complete madness to turn food grade corn into industrial alcohol.
    >
    > The process is economic at equatorial latitudes like Brazil where sugar
    > cane with C4 photosythesis can grow quickly and be entirely used in
    > production of alcohol. Corn to alcohol is jfar too wasteful and is one
    > of those being seen to do "something" to placate enviromentalists.

    Furthermore, it results in increased food prices. We're already seeing
    that in the US.

    > >> you will be very happy to have your vehicle converted. The conversion
    > >> also increases the value of your vehicle.
    > >>
    > >> Yours sincerely.
    > >>

    > >> Sources:
    > >> *http://brownfieldagnews.com/2010/09/21/ethanol-production-efficiency-
    > >> improves/

    > Sponsored by the corn lobby no doubt. For a somewhat more impartial look
    > at the corn to alcohol economics and the GHG savings try Wiki:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

    Have you ever noticed that "solutions" to the "energy problem"
    invariably involve everybody buying something expensive that doesn't
    work very well?

    J. Clarke, Nov 10, 2010
  5. ........

    Alex VI Guest

    "Martin Brown" <|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> When you fill your car up, what comes out of the pump is already a blend
    >> of bioethanol, people just don't know it.

    > US fuels are pretty horrible cocktails of stuff. Some of which is
    > unfortunately both suspected to be carcinogenic and water soluble so
    > leaches into the groundwater from leaking tanks at filling stations.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Martin Brown

    The EU set targets a while back for the percentage of biofuel that needs to
    be used in total transport fuel. It was something like 6% by 2010 and 10%
    by 2020 from memory. I think most car manufacturers allowed upto 10% to be
    used without any modifications from a few years ago, although I remember a
    German manufacturer (maybe VW) that was able to use much higher percentages.

    Alex VI, Nov 11, 2010