    and see that all the disks have been pulled. Has anyone else seen this
    kind of thing?

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Jul 14, 2006

  2. Invid Fan wrote:

    > A thread in one of the space newsgroups reminded me I'd never watched
    > the final disk of the anime 'Planetes', so I decided to put in in my
    > queue. Imagine my surprise to not find the title pop up in a search...
    > by going into the list of my previous rentals I was able to access the
    > page for the show
    > http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70043391&trkid=64596
    >
    > and see that all the disks have been pulled. Has anyone else seen this
    > kind of thing?

    They pull titles when there's a distribution problem, or the disks are
    faulty--
    Which company released Planetes again?

    Derek Janssen (at least be glad they stock Anchor Bay disks again)

    Derek Janssen, Jul 14, 2006

  3. Invid Fan

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Derek
    Janssen <> wrote:

    > Invid Fan wrote:
    >
    > > A thread in one of the space newsgroups reminded me I'd never watched
    > > the final disk of the anime 'Planetes', so I decided to put in in my
    > > queue. Imagine my surprise to not find the title pop up in a search...
    > > by going into the list of my previous rentals I was able to access the
    > > page for the show
    > > http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70043391&trkid=64596
    > >
    > > and see that all the disks have been pulled. Has anyone else seen this
    > > kind of thing?

    > They pull titles when there's a distribution problem, or the disks are
    > faulty--
    > Which company released Planetes again?

    Bandai. They were all avalible for rent as of May, when I rented vol.
    5. If I was into conspiracy theories I'd say Bandai pulled them to make
    everyone buy the last volume, as sales have been poor, but it would be
    low on my list of realistic reasons :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Jul 14, 2006
  4. Invid Fan wrote:
    > In article <>, Derek
    > Janssen <> wrote:
    >

    >>Invid Fan wrote:
    >>

    >>>A thread in one of the space newsgroups reminded me I'd never watched
    >>>the final disk of the anime 'Planetes', so I decided to put in in my
    >>>queue. Imagine my surprise to not find the title pop up in a search...
    >>>by going into the list of my previous rentals I was able to access the
    >>>page for the show
    >>>http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70043391&trkid=64596
    >>>
    >>>and see that all the disks have been pulled. Has anyone else seen this
    >>>kind of thing?

    >>They pull titles when there's a distribution problem, or the disks are
    >>faulty--
    >>Which company released Planetes again?
    >>

    > Bandai. They were all avalible for rent as of May, when I rented vol.
    > 5. If I was into conspiracy theories I'd say Bandai pulled them to make
    > everyone buy the last volume, as sales have been poor, but it would be
    > low on my list of realistic reasons :)

    Oddly, at around the same time, my Bandai "Love Hina V.6" suddenly
    slipped into Very Long Wait...

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 14, 2006
  5. Invid Fan

    Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > Invid Fan wrote:
    > > In article <>, Derek
    > > Janssen <> wrote:

    > >>They pull titles when there's a distribution problem, or the disks are
    > >>faulty--
    > >>Which company released Planetes again?
    > >>

    > > Bandai. They were all avalible for rent as of May, when I rented vol.
    > > 5. If I was into conspiracy theories I'd say Bandai pulled them to make
    > > everyone buy the last volume, as sales have been poor, but it would be
    > > low on my list of realistic reasons :)

    > Oddly, at around the same time, my Bandai "Love Hina V.6" suddenly
    > slipped into Very Long Wait...
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    I remember renting "Love Hina" back when I had Netflix a couple years
    ago. I don't remember how many volumes I went thru but it had to be at
    least five or six. I've still got that theme song going thru my head
    when I think about it. It was one of the more memoriable anime series
    I got from Netflix. The anime style was very Tenchi Moyu-esque.

    I recently came across a series "Mahoraba ~ Heartful days" with a
    similar plot to "Lofve Hina" on an anime website and began watching
    fansubs of it. I guess anime series set in apartment houses with a
    bunch of diverse residents are popular. The only thing that
    disappionted me about "heartful days" is it's done almost chibi-style
    where most of the main characters look like their pre-teen and
    early-teen instead of their proper high-school age and older. Kind of
    like how beyblade season 2 looked compared to season 1. If you ever
    get to watch it you'll see why I had to stop watching it after only 3
    episodes even though the plot was very interesting.

    I don't think it's much of a conspiracy about the availability of anime
    titles on netflix. Certain anime titles are probably harder to replace
    with new copies when they get damaged or lost as time goes by from
    their original release date compared to more mainstream titles.

    , Jul 14, 2006
  6. writes:

    > Derek Janssen wrote:
    > > Invid Fan wrote:

    > > > Bandai. They were all avalible for rent as of May, when I rented vol.
    > > > 5. If I was into conspiracy theories I'd say Bandai pulled them to make
    > > > everyone buy the last volume, as sales have been poor, but it would be
    > > > low on my list of realistic reasons :)

    > > Oddly, at around the same time, my Bandai "Love Hina V.6" suddenly
    > > slipped into Very Long Wait...
    > >
    > > Derek Janssen
    > >

    > I remember renting "Love Hina" back when I had Netflix a couple years
    > ago. I don't remember how many volumes I went thru but it had to be at
    > least five or six. I've still got that theme song going thru my head
    > when I think about it. It was one of the more memoriable anime series
    > I got from Netflix. The anime style was very Tenchi Moyu-esque.
    >
    > I recently came across a series "Mahoraba ~ Heartful days" with a
    > similar plot to "Lofve Hina" on an anime website and began watching
    > fansubs of it. I guess anime series set in apartment houses with a
    > bunch of diverse residents are popular. The only thing that
    > disappionted me about "heartful days" is it's done almost chibi-style
    > where most of the main characters look like their pre-teen and
    > early-teen instead of their proper high-school age and older. Kind of
    > like how beyblade season 2 looked compared to season 1. If you ever
    > get to watch it you'll see why I had to stop watching it after only 3
    > episodes even though the plot was very interesting.
    >
    > I don't think it's much of a conspiracy about the availability of anime
    > titles on netflix. Certain anime titles are probably harder to replace
    > with new copies when they get damaged or lost as time goes by from
    > their original release date compared to more mainstream titles.

    Not anime but still availibility weirdness. For a long time I couldn't
    get Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 4, Disc 2. I could get Disc 1 fine
    but 2 was unavailable for the longest time and then it was suddenly
    there. You can get Superman the Animated Series Vol. 1 & 3 but 2 is
    completely unavailable even though it's been out for quite some
    time. Doesn't make sense sometimes.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Jul 14, 2006
  7. Invid Fan

    Guest

    Scott Streeter wrote:
    > writes:
    >
    > > Derek Janssen wrote:

    > > > Oddly, at around the same time, my Bandai "Love Hina V.6" suddenly
    > > > slipped into Very Long Wait...
    > > >
    > > > Derek Janssen
    > > >

    > > I remember renting "Love Hina" back when I had Netflix a couple years
    > > ago. I don't remember how many volumes I went thru but it had to be at
    > > least five or six. I've still got that theme song going thru my head
    > > when I think about it. It was one of the more memoriable anime series
    > > I got from Netflix. The anime style was very Tenchi Moyu-esque.
    > >
    > > I recently came across a series "Mahoraba ~ Heartful days" with a
    > > similar plot to "Lofve Hina" on an anime website and began watching
    > > fansubs of it. I guess anime series set in apartment houses with a
    > > bunch of diverse residents are popular. The only thing that
    > > disappionted me about "heartful days" is it's done almost chibi-style
    > > where most of the main characters look like their pre-teen and
    > > early-teen instead of their proper high-school age and older. Kind of
    > > like how beyblade season 2 looked compared to season 1. If you ever
    > > get to watch it you'll see why I had to stop watching it after only 3
    > > episodes even though the plot was very interesting.
    > >
    > > I don't think it's much of a conspiracy about the availability of anime
    > > titles on netflix. Certain anime titles are probably harder to replace
    > > with new copies when they get damaged or lost as time goes by from
    > > their original release date compared to more mainstream titles.

    > Not anime but still availibility weirdness. For a long time I couldn't
    > get Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 4, Disc 2. I could get Disc 1 fine
    > but 2 was unavailable for the longest time and then it was suddenly
    > there. You can get Superman the Animated Series Vol. 1 & 3 but 2 is
    > completely unavailable even though it's been out for quite some
    > time. Doesn't make sense sometimes.
    >
    > --
    > Scott Streeter
    >
    > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    I think the unavailable discs in a series stems from customers
    returning multi-disc titles in the wrong sleeves and then they get
    rented out a few more times that way before people notify netflix it is
    the wrong disc in the wrong sleeve. e.g. I once got two copies of disc
    2 of a series (can't remember if it was an anime or live-action) even
    though the sleeves they came in were for disc 2 and 3.

    , Jul 14, 2006
  8. Invid Fan

    8 Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:55:12 -0400, Invid Fan <>
    wrote:

    Seems like anime gets censored a lot. Sailor Moon, Invids etc.

    All that lesbianism and transvestite stuff doesn't fly with the PTA.

    8, Jul 19, 2006