    Antivirus.

    Any ideas why would this be?

    -S

    Sci Borg, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Sci Borg

    furrfu Guest

    Sci Borg wrote:
    > I just opened Excel with a blank spreadsheet, and the Sygate firewall told
    > me that Excel is trying to contact crl.verisign.com. I selected "no" to
    > not allow it to do so, and imediately got the same message from Norton
    > Antivirus.
    >
    > Any ideas why would this be?

    Excellent summary at http://www.unixwiz.net/blog/archives/001101.html

    -=Furrfu=-

    furrfu, Jan 8, 2004

  3. After updating to the January 7th or 8th virus definitions, your computer slows down and
    Microsoft Word and Excel will not start

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004010810205113

    Situation:
    This document describes this problem and how to fix it.

    Solution:
    Symantec is investigating the cause of the problem at this time.

    There is a workaround that will fix the problem until Symantec finds a permanent solution.

    To use the workaround

    1.. Close all programs.
    2.. Start Internet Explorer.
    3.. Click Tools > Internet Options.
    4.. On the Advanced tab, scroll down through the list box to the Security section.
    5.. Deselect the "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" option as shown here:

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Jan 9, 2004