    Anyone know why?

    **
    Captain Infinity
    Captain Infinity, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Captain Infinity

    TheCroW Guest

    > Right there, right there at the top. Who the heck is that, Frank Zappa?
    > The file is located at
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-photos/main-images/kubrick/kubrickheader.jpg
    > so maybe it's somebody named Kubrick, I dunno.
    >
    > Adblock sees it just fine, as a blockable background image, and it
    > appears italicized in the list, so it thinks it's blocked it. But it's
    > still there, and I'm damned sick of those eyeballs.
    >
    > I've tried referencing it six ways from Tuesday, even using a wildcard,
    > as so:
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/main-images/kubrick/*
    > and http://www.bastardly.com/kubrick/*
    >
    > But it's still there! AARRGGH!
    >
    > Anyone know why?
    >

    > **
    > Captain Infinity

    Just tried it and it's blocked just fine? Using Adblock Plus 0.7.5.1
    Did you try a forced refresh (Refresh with Shift button hold)? Maybe you
    still see it because it is in FF cache?

    Menno
    The Netherlands
    TheCroW, Aug 29, 2007

  3. Captain Infinity wrote:
    > See http://www.bastardly.com
    >
    > Right there, right there at the top. Who the heck is that, Frank Zappa?
    > The file is located at
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-photos/main-images/kubrick/kubrickheader.jpg
    > so maybe it's somebody named Kubrick, I dunno.
    >
    > Adblock sees it just fine, as a blockable background image, and it
    > appears italicized in the list, so it thinks it's blocked it. But it's
    > still there, and I'm damned sick of those eyeballs.
    >
    > I've tried referencing it six ways from Tuesday, even using a wildcard,
    > as so:
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/main-images/kubrick/*
    > and http://www.bastardly.com/kubrick/*
    >
    > But it's still there! AARRGGH!
    >
    > Anyone know why?
    >

    > **
    > Captain Infinity

    if you're using the old and outdated adblock, then ask your
    question here: http://adblock.mozdev.org/forum.html/no_wrap

    if you're using adblock plus, then try asking here:
    http://adblockplus.org/forum/

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 29, 2007
  4. Captain Infinity

    Miller Guest

    *TheCroW* wrote on 29.08.07 06:32:

    >> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-photos/main-images/kubrick/kubrickheader.jpg
    >> Adblock sees it just fine, as a blockable background image, and it
    >> appears italicized in the list, so it thinks it's blocked it. But it's
    >> still there, and I'm damned sick of those eyeballs.

    [..snip..]
    > Just tried it and it's blocked just fine? Using Adblock Plus 0.7.5.1

    ACK. Blocked with two clicks. Also ABP 0.7.5.1

    > Did you try a forced refresh (Refresh with Shift button hold)? Maybe you
    > still see it because it is in FF cache?

    Good point.

    cu, M
    Miller, Aug 29, 2007
  5. Captain Infinity

    elaich Guest

    Re: Why won't Adblock block this image? TROLL POST

    Captain Infinity <> wrote in

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
    elaich, Aug 29, 2007
  6. Once Upon A Time Miller wrote:

    >*TheCroW* wrote on 29.08.07 06:32:
    >
    >>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-photos/main-images/kubrick/kubrickheader.jpg
    >>> Adblock sees it just fine, as a blockable background image, and it
    >>> appears italicized in the list, so it thinks it's blocked it. But it's
    >>> still there, and I'm damned sick of those eyeballs.

    >[..snip..]
    >> Just tried it and it's blocked just fine? Using Adblock Plus 0.7.5.1

    >ACK. Blocked with two clicks. Also ABP 0.7.5.1
    >
    >> Did you try a forced refresh (Refresh with Shift button hold)? Maybe you
    >> still see it because it is in FF cache?

    >Good point.

    Thanks guys! I updated my ABP version and cleared my cache, and now
    those ugly eyeballs are GONE!

    **
    Captain Infinity
    Captain Infinity, Aug 29, 2007