    Mohsen Amiri Besheli (MSCE)
    I start this topic here because i think you are good enough to answer
    it !
    Mohsen Amiri Besheli, Mar 25, 2007

  2. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    catwalker63 Guest

    Mohsen Amiri Besheli piffled away vaguely:

    > Hi all and welcome to my Windows Vista topic
    > Ok in this topic we want to talk about new Microsoft product that
    > called Windows Vista
    > we know that windows vista have lot of new features like : Plan an
    > Easier Deployment , Improve Security and Compliance, good Manage of
    > PC , Optimize Your Network , Test Your Applications , Go Mobile and so
    > more and some OEM features like Windows Media Center Technology but I
    > have one question from you ! in compare with windows XP is it good
    > enough
    > to use !
    > or that's not good enough to give it all it hardware requirement like
    > one gigabytes of ram and so more
    > I think in the other operation system we have all of vistas facilities
    > but they don't use hardware like Vista for example in Ubuntu we have
    > all of media center technology and all of network facilities but it
    > work with 256 MB of ram and one P2 intel cpu !
    > Why vista use this system requirement!
    > Thanks a lot !
    > Mohsen Amiri Besheli (MSCE)
    > I start this topic here because i think you are good enough to answer
    > it !

    Most pros will agree that the first release of an MS operating system is
    not ready for prime-time. Wait for the first service pack before you
    start rolling out to all your users. It is suitable for testing,
    however. Do I recommend it over all the other OSs out there? No. I'm
    currently using XP and FC6 and I'll probably not go over to Vista until
    and unless I absolutely have to. That's mainly a political decision
    rather than a dig at Vista as a product. It has many attractive feature
    but they are not unique enough to pay the high cost MS demands in terms
    of money, privacy, and contral. I'm standing back with a "wait and see"
    attitude to see how things really shake out.
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Mar 25, 2007

  3. Agreed. I am currently using Vista on my laptop and have had zero issues
    with it in a workgroup or domain environment. However, this does not
    justify having all my client upgrade to the newest operating system. The
    features that Cat speaks of would have to justify the upgrade. Meaning
    if Vista and its features prove to reduce the end-users work load,
    reduce the amount of time a computer is down due to the stability of the
    operating system, and it increases productivity for the end-users; then
    you have to give the upgrade some thought.

    The question is simply this: Will upgrading to Vista now increase my
    ROI? If not, then stay with Windows XP. If so, then upgrade.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 25, 2007
  4. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    catwalker63 Guest

    Michael D. Alligood piffled away vaguely:

    > Agreed. I am currently using Vista on my laptop and have had zero issues
    > with it in a workgroup or domain environment. However, this does not
    > justify having all my client upgrade to the newest operating system. The
    > features that Cat speaks of would have to justify the upgrade. Meaning
    > if Vista and its features prove to reduce the end-users work load,
    > reduce the amount of time a computer is down due to the stability of the
    > operating system, and it increases productivity for the end-users; then
    > you have to give the upgrade some thought.
    >
    > The question is simply this: Will upgrading to Vista now increase my
    > ROI? If not, then stay with Windows XP. If so, then upgrade.

    That's a consideration. What I'm also waiting to see is if the features
    work as expected, work with existing "must have" legacy software,
    break things that need to work, or are generally a pain in the @$$.
    I'm waiting to see if reports that Vista will prevent users/consumers
    from using certain software are true. I'm waiting to see if there are
    any privacy issues serious enough to avoid the product. I'm waiting to
    see if the license agreement can be deciphered. All I hear are rumors
    right now and a few horror stories from people who have installed and
    had seriously weird issues.

    catwalker63, Mar 25, 2007
  5. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kurt Guest

    catwalker63 wrote:
    > Michael D. Alligood piffled away vaguely:
    >
    >> Agreed. I am currently using Vista on my laptop and have had zero issues
    >> with it in a workgroup or domain environment. However, this does not
    >> justify having all my client upgrade to the newest operating system. The
    >> features that Cat speaks of would have to justify the upgrade. Meaning
    >> if Vista and its features prove to reduce the end-users work load,
    >> reduce the amount of time a computer is down due to the stability of the
    >> operating system, and it increases productivity for the end-users; then
    >> you have to give the upgrade some thought.
    >>
    >> The question is simply this: Will upgrading to Vista now increase my
    >> ROI? If not, then stay with Windows XP. If so, then upgrade.
    >>

    > That's a consideration. What I'm also waiting to see is if the features
    > work as expected, work with existing "must have" legacy software,
    > break things that need to work, or are generally a pain in the @$$.
    > I'm waiting to see if reports that Vista will prevent users/consumers
    > from using certain software are true. I'm waiting to see if there are
    > any privacy issues serious enough to avoid the product. I'm waiting to
    > see if the license agreement can be deciphered. All I hear are rumors
    > right now and a few horror stories from people who have installed and
    > had seriously weird issues.

    I concur. I have Vista running on my own desktop at work, but there are
    issues. Mostly software compatibility, including "kernel-mode" printer
    drivers for older printers where the OEM is not planning on developing
    Vista drivers. Not to mention QuickBooks (although I did get it to
    work), many line-of-business specialty apps, device drivers for sound
    and video, etc. Also, I can't really point to a single thing that would
    increase productivity by switching. I also had to upgrade to an AMD
    XP3800+, 2 gig of RAM to get performance the way I like it. Like Cat, I
    use Server 2003, XP pro on workstations and Linux (FC5, I haven't moved
    to FC6 yet) on specialty servers and network monitoring stations. Anyone
    who uses both can easily explain the advantages of one over the other in
    a mixed environment. As I see it, at this point there's no compelling
    reason to move to Vista.

    ....kurt
    Kurt, Mar 25, 2007
  6. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Lasher Guest

    Kurt <> wrote in

    > catwalker63 wrote:
    >> Michael D. Alligood piffled away vaguely:
    >>
    >>> Agreed. I am currently using Vista on my laptop and have had zero
    >>> issues with it in a workgroup or domain environment. However, this
    >>> does not justify having all my client upgrade to the newest
    >>> operating system. The features that Cat speaks of would have to
    >>> justify the upgrade. Meaning if Vista and its features prove to
    >>> reduce the end-users work load, reduce the amount of time a computer
    >>> is down due to the stability of the operating system, and it
    >>> increases productivity for the end-users; then you have to give the
    >>> upgrade some thought.
    >>>
    >>> The question is simply this: Will upgrading to Vista now increase my
    >>> ROI? If not, then stay with Windows XP. If so, then upgrade.
    >>>

    >> That's a consideration. What I'm also waiting to see is if the
    >> features work as expected, work with existing "must have" legacy
    >> software, break things that need to work, or are generally a pain in
    >> the @$$. I'm waiting to see if reports that Vista will prevent
    >> users/consumers from using certain software are true. I'm waiting to
    >> see if there are any privacy issues serious enough to avoid the
    >> product. I'm waiting to see if the license agreement can be
    >> deciphered. All I hear are rumors right now and a few horror stories
    >> from people who have installed and had seriously weird issues.

    > I concur. I have Vista running on my own desktop at work, but there
    > are issues. Mostly software compatibility, including "kernel-mode"
    > printer drivers for older printers where the OEM is not planning on
    > developing Vista drivers. Not to mention QuickBooks (although I did
    > get it to work), many line-of-business specialty apps, device drivers
    > for sound and video, etc. Also, I can't really point to a single thing
    > that would increase productivity by switching. I also had to upgrade
    > to an AMD XP3800+, 2 gig of RAM to get performance the way I like it.
    > Like Cat, I use Server 2003, XP pro on workstations and Linux (FC5, I
    > haven't moved to FC6 yet) on specialty servers and network monitoring
    > stations. Anyone who uses both can easily explain the advantages of
    > one over the other in a mixed environment. As I see it, at this point
    > there's no compelling reason to move to Vista.
    >
    > ...kurt

    All I have to say is go read this link:

    http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TID=580

    After you go read that, then you can seriously re-consider upgrading to
    Vista. Agreeing again with Cat, first release is public testing and
    then the SP1 is the tell-tale sign if they didn't screw up completely,
    which I think they did. This OS is just as bad...well almost as bad, as
    Windows ME.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    Lasher, Mar 26, 2007
  7. because all of cost in vista is high like Hardware requirement , Money
    and even Cost of ownership
    ok i think we must wait for vista service pack1 like cat

    __________________
    Mohsen Amiri Besheli
    MCSE,MCSA,MCP
    Iexpert
    Mohsen Amiri Besheli, Mar 26, 2007
  8. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > that's not good enough to give it all it hardware requirement like
    >one gigabytes of ram and so more
    >I think in the other operation system we have all of vistas facilities
    >but they don't use hardware like Vista for example in Ubuntu we have
    >all of media center technology and all of network facilities but it
    >work with 256 MB of ram and one P2 intel cpu !
    >Why vista use this system requirement!

    i agree!
    i think vista should support the 4004 architecture!
    and machines with 512 bytes of core memory!
    and machines with tap recorders as main storage!
    and machines with eighteen character keyboards!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  9. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Lasher Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    > i agree!
    > i think vista should support the 4004 architecture!
    > and machines with 512 bytes of core memory!
    > and machines with tap recorders as main storage!
    > and machines with eighteen character keyboards!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    You're forgetting the USC inputs.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    Lasher, Mar 26, 2007
  10. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> i agree!
    >> i think vista should support the 4004 architecture!
    >> and machines with 512 bytes of core memory!
    >> and machines with tap recorders as main storage!
    >> and machines with eighteen character keyboards!
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    >You're forgetting the USC inputs.

    that is way too advanced ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  11. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    "Mohsen Amiri Besheli" <> wrote in

    > Hi all and welcome to my Windows Vista topic
    > Ok in this topic we want to talk about new Microsoft product that
    > called Windows Vista
    > we know that windows vista have lot of new features like : Plan an
    > Easier Deployment , Improve Security and Compliance, good Manage of
    > PC , Optimize Your Network , Test Your Applications , Go Mobile and so
    > more and some OEM features like Windows Media Center Technology but I
    > have one question from you ! in compare with windows XP is it good
    > enough
    > to use !
    > or that's not good enough to give it all it hardware requirement like
    > one gigabytes of ram and so more
    > I think in the other operation system we have all of vistas facilities
    > but they don't use hardware like Vista for example in Ubuntu we have
    > all of media center technology and all of network facilities but it
    > work with 256 MB of ram and one P2 intel cpu !
    > Why vista use this system requirement!
    > Thanks a lot !
    > Mohsen Amiri Besheli (MSCE)
    > I start this topic here because i think you are good enough to answer
    > it !

    Dear Mohsen,

    Please hang on the line and I'm sure Lasher will tell you about all
    the benifits of upgraging to Vista. It's really quite an amazing OS.

    Good Luck!
    kpg, Mar 26, 2007
  12. You just described my first PC.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 26, 2007
  13. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in news:
    #:

    > You just described my first PC.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    > "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    >
    >> > that's not good enough to give it all it hardware requirement like
    >> >one gigabytes of ram and so more
    >> >I think in the other operation system we have all of vistas facilities
    >> >but they don't use hardware like Vista for example in Ubuntu we have
    >> >all of media center technology and all of network facilities but it
    >> >work with 256 MB of ram and one P2 intel cpu !
    >> >Why vista use this system requirement!

    >> i agree!
    >> i think vista should support the 4004 architecture!
    >> and machines with 512 bytes of core memory!
    >> and machines with tap recorders as main storage!
    >> and machines with eighteen character keyboards!
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Your first pc had a tape recorder for a drive?

    come on now...

    I used one of those micro-cassette recorders from Radio Shack,
    as my drive. Talk about cool. Before that I had to print out
    all my source code and re-type it in when event I wanted to run
    a program. Had to do that becuase there was only 4K of ram.

    ....and that was with the expansion pack.

    kidz these days.

    0x22
    kpg, Mar 26, 2007
  14. Yep a tape recorder drive! I believe the brand was Aquarius or something
    like that. Come to think about it, that was my second computer. I had a
    TRS 80 first. :) hours and hours of "coding" (really copying out of the
    book) to get your TV to display pretty colors... LOL. I wrote a BASIC
    batch file that displayed 3 and 6 random numbers. I did this because my
    step father thought that if he used these numbers that came from the
    batch file to play the Lotto with, that he had a better chance. What an
    moron...

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 26, 2007
  15. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >You just described my first PC.

    damn, you must older than me ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  16. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I wrote a BASIC
    >batch file that displayed 3 and 6 random numbers. I did this because my
    >step father thought that if he used these numbers that came from the
    >batch file to play the Lotto with, that he had a better chance. What an
    >moron...

    should have marketed it! i'm sure there would have been a few who'd
    have bought it!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  17. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >come on now...
    >
    >I used one of those micro-cassette recorders from Radio Shack,
    >as my drive. Talk about cool. Before that I had to print out
    >all my source code and re-type it in when event I wanted to run
    >a program. Had to do that becuase there was only 4K of ram.
    >
    >...and that was with the expansion pack.

    >kidz these days.

    when i was a boy i had to walk twenty-fours to and from school, even
    in a blizzard, but i still had time to play pong!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  18. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    >>I wrote a BASIC
    >>batch file that displayed 3 and 6 random numbers. I did this because my
    >>step father thought that if he used these numbers that came from the
    >>batch file to play the Lotto with, that he had a better chance. What an
    >>moron...

    > should have marketed it! i'm sure there would have been a few who'd
    > have bought it!

    One of my first programs (on an Apple IIe I think) generated numbers
    for the weekly football pool - we used it at the office instead of
    a deck of cards.

    After the third week I noticed (and no one else did, thank gawd) that
    the numbers were always the same! I didn't know you had to seed the
    random number generater. Stupid computers.

    0x22

    ..
    kpg, Mar 26, 2007
  19. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Please hang on the line and I'm sure Lasher will tell you about all
    >the benifits of upgraging to Vista.

    i like vista, it reminds of kde.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  20. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >because all of cost in vista is high like Hardware requirement , Money
    >and even Cost of ownership
    >ok i think we must wait for vista service pack1

    lol, do you really think releasing a service pack will mean you'll be
    able to run vista on a lower spec machine? still lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007