Why will IE not display pages??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blobby J Blobdom, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Apologies for the repost, but I still have this problem, and Im
    completely stumped.

    Have tried suggestions....
    - check HTTP 1.1 Proxy settings - makes no difference
    - check winsock okay with LSP-Fix - makes no difference

    Any other clues???

    Thanks :)

    (desperate)

    I have a client who can use IE happily on his office LAN.
    This LAN uses fixed addresses through a gateway.

    Ive just configured a Siemens S55 Bluetooth phone to hook up to GPRS
    for him.

    The laptop and the phone pair easily and Dial Up Networking
    establishes a connection.

    I can ping the gateway, DNS and various remote servers.

    However, IE will not display pages. I get 'Connecting to..." but then
    shortly after 'page not found'

    Neither can I use finger or telnet.

    Any clues??

    Thanks :)

    J.
    Blobby J Blobdom, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Blobby J Blobdom

    Boomer Guest

    Blobby J Blobdom wrote:
    > Apologies for the repost, but I still have this problem, and Im
    > completely stumpy.

    Probably.
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004