    happens within Windows that makes this necessary. Just an inquiring mind wanting
    to know. Thanks.

    , Nov 26, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please forgive a stupid question, but I was just wondering what it is that
    > Windows does from time to time that requires drivers for things like video
    > cards
    > and a mouse to be updated now and then. I'd recently been having some
    > problems
    > with my system and realized it had been some time since I'd updated
    > drivers. I
    > updated the Logitech driver for my mouse and keyboard, and the ATI driver
    > for my
    > Radeon video card and things seem to be smoother now. But I just wondered
    > what
    > happens within Windows that makes this necessary. Just an inquiring mind
    > wanting
    > to know. Thanks.

    To be honest you could have probably just re-installed your current drivers
    to fix the problem.

    In the same way that applications can become corrupt, so can drivers.

    Michael Cargill, Nov 26, 2006

  3. Old Gringo Guest

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:38:49 -0500, wrote:

    > Please forgive a stupid question, but I was just wondering what it is that
    > Windows does from time to time that requires drivers for things like video cards
    > and a mouse to be updated now and then. I'd recently been having some problems
    > with my system and realized it had been some time since I'd updated drivers. I
    > updated the Logitech driver for my mouse and keyboard, and the ATI driver for my
    > Radeon video card and things seem to be smoother now. But I just wondered what
    > happens within Windows that makes this necessary. Just an inquiring mind wanting
    > to know. Thanks.

    Driver updating is done to fix the glitches that occurred in previous
    versions. Example: You installed v1 and now v2 is available,
    problems in original version have been corrected to make the drivers
    more compatible with your system. There can be unknown issues that
    will be corrected up the road a bit and v3 will then be available.
    It is good to check periodically to keep your system running smooth.
    This is similar to all the updates to the Windows operating system
    its self.
    Good Luck.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo, Nov 26, 2006
  4. old man Guest

    never use winupdate for drivers, use only the hw manu sites

    old man, Nov 28, 2006