    DSLR body and lens, I myself do not really fit this demographic.

    Article continues here ...... http://dpmac.com/nikon-d40/index.html

    , Dec 7, 2006

  2. ray Guest

    On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:05:27 -0800, george wrote:

    > Nikon themselves are targeting compact digital camera users for the D40
    > DSLR. They would like these compact camera users to move up to the
    > Nikon D40 DSLR so that for one, they can take better pictures in
    > situations that the compact cameras do not handle so well. And they
    > would also like to introduce the compact camera users to the world of
    > interchangeable lenses and off-camera flash units.
    >
    > Although I believe that Nikon has targeted this group correctly and
    > will make a killing with the new low end price point of US$ 599. for a
    > DSLR body and lens, I myself do not really fit this demographic.
    >
    > Article continues here ...... http://dpmac.com/nikon-d40/index.html

    I'm quite pleased with my new refurb Kodak P850 - 5mp 12x does raw, tiff
    and jpeg, image stabilization, etc. $250 from the online kodak store -
    $300 with a printer dock.

    ray, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Well outside of the changeable lenses and the real view finder the 40 has
    very little over most P&S's in the same price range as far as features go.
    In fact the 40 is a little wimpy and no not the hamburger eating wimpy.

    LJC

    Little Juice Coupe, Dec 8, 2006