    much as it would if everything was downloaded to my PC (is that right?)

    Posts from the UK that all start MI5 seem to be every where. Is this
    one person or a group?

    p4o2, Dec 4, 2007

  2. On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:13:24 -0800 (PST), p4o2 <> wrote:

    >What does sporge do for the sporger?

    Wastes their time and stops them doing other stupid childish things

    >I look at NG with Google and that is why sporge does not bother me as
    >much as it would if everything was downloaded to my PC (is that right?)

    You don't need to download it. Just delete it on the server.

    >Posts from the UK that all start MI5 seem to be every where. Is this
    >one person or a group?

    It's one person who has been obsessed with some long forgotten problem
    for about ten years. Most people have filtered him and all his M15
    posts for years.

    Steve

    Steve Wolstenholme, Dec 4, 2007

  3. p4o2

    Mike Easter Guest

    p4o2 wrote:
    > What does sporge do for the sporger?

    Don't use a term loosely or as if you don't know what it means.

    Sporge is a term used for hipcrime. Snurled wiki link
    http://snipr.com/1umkc Hipcrime (Usenet) From Wikipedia

    .... which wiki article doesn't include the term sporge which sporge term
    etymology is discussed in this article
    http://www.dansdata.com/sporge.htm Gibbering clones the future of
    Usenet? - Sporge is a neologism coined by German software developer
    Tilman Hausherr; it's a contraction of "spammed forgery".

    > I look at NG with Google and that is why sporge does not bother me as
    > much as it would if everything was downloaded to my PC (is that
    > right?)

    No, you are completely backward in your presumption. Your usenet
    experience could be much improved if you used a newsserver and a
    newsreader compared to what happens when you use GG.

    > Posts from the UK that all start MI5 seem to be every where. Is this
    > one person or a group?

    MI5 posts are not sporge/hipcrime. That is a completely different
    topic.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 4, 2007
  4. p4o2

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-12-04, p4o2 <> wrote:
    > What does sporge do for the sporger?

    Ask them. (You probably won't get an answer, of course)

    > I look at NG with Google and that is why sporge does not bother me as
    > much as it would if everything was downloaded to my PC (is that right?)

    If you weren't using Google you probably wouldn't see the garbage at all;
    your NSP would drop it before it got anywhere near you, or you'd learn to
    use real news-reader software so that you could plonk it yourself. Google
    is indiscriminate in what it lets through, and makes it almost impossible
    for its users to do anything to avoid seeing the garbage.

    I say 'almost impossible' because incredibly, there is a little you can do
    to improve your experience even if you really can't get an NSP account of
    your own. See
    <http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Basics/browse_thread/thread/b
    30b199a67e2ca8e/7fdcf5485f05241f> or <http://shortlinks.co.uk/5gs>.

    > Posts from the UK that all start MI5 seem to be every where. Is this
    > one person or a group?

    That isn't sporge, it's some sort of obsession. I see almost none of it.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 4, 2007
  5. p4o2

    Mike Guest

    "p4o2" <> wrote in message
    > What does sporge do for the sporger?
    >
    > I look at NG with Google and that is why sporge does not bother me as
    > much as it would if everything was downloaded to my PC (is that right?)
    >
    > Posts from the UK that all start MI5 seem to be every where. Is this
    > one person or a group?

    If anyone has the time and resources to investigate this fag might be
    responsible:

    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-532190.php

    and there's more!
    http://tinyurl.com/2k5gqk