Why so much nastiness

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by rock, Sep 27, 2003.

  1. rock

    rock Guest

    Why so much nastiness here when all are supposed to be techs, or at
    least tech wannabe's?
    Now, if I am not mistaken, we are supposed to be customer service
    oriented, and should be calm and respectful to everyone, even when
    what we would really like to do is at times choke the living crud out
    of some of them, all the techs I have known in my life, and it has
    been a long life so far, have been kind people who really want to help
    another with their problems....

    But here there are some who seem to get a perverse thrill at being as
    nasty as they can with everyone and thus showing a very sad lack of
    maturity.

    Most who come here come to learn, and ask questions.
    Is it your right to belittle them because they don't know the answer?
    Is it your right to rant and rave at them, and to call them bad names?
    Is it your right to talk down to them and treat them like so much
    crap?
    Are you so much of a tech GOD that you don't have time to do anything
    but be mean and nasty, instead of passing your knowledge down to the
    next person?

    Isen't that what this newsgroup was formed for, to pass on the
    knowledge, and not your general ire over your life path?

    Come on people, even you do not have all of the answers, don't waste
    bandwidth showing your ignorance by posting nastygrams that have
    nothing to do with the questions except trying to show your supposed
    prowess in verbal abuse, or written as the case may be.

    It is not hard being a mean and nasty person, it is absurdly easy.
    It is much harder to suck it up and come back with a smile, and an
    anwer that actually corrects the problem and gets the job done!

    I appologize to anyone who takes umbrage at my little open note, but I
    am so tired of reading umpty little nasty posts to get to the meat of
    the matter, as far as i can tell there are no stupid people here.

    rock, Sep 27, 2003

  2. I agree too, we don't need flame wars.

    The Pugmaster

    "Kathy" <> wrote in message news:...
    I agree with you, but actually we all get along here. Yeah, once in a while
    there tends to be disagreements that do get out of hand, but thats the way
    it is on usenets. Some things that are said can be very hurtful, but you
    can't take it to heart. Afterwards things usually get back to normal and we
    all (or at least I do) go back to my usual postings.

    Just my 2 cents :)

    The Pugmaster, Sep 28, 2003

  3. rock

    RussS Guest

    I hear ya dood, but I guess at the end of it .... life goes on aye? Would
    be nice if a little civility was kept, but at least I don't have to share a
    workbench with someone who should know better.

    RussS, Sep 28, 2003