  1. I have ASUS P5W DG-2-WS Pro with Core Duo E6400 and 2 Gb Ram.
    Should I have benefits from installing 64-bit Vista in propotion to 32-bit?
    If so- why?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFqb2RvbW8=?=, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Entirely up to you. You might find this whitepaper of use and interest,
    however, in making your decision:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc

    While written for XP x64, it is still valid and the decision points are the
    same.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Frankly, at this point in time, unless you want to help debug Vista 64 bit,
    it is not worth it because so few drivers and programs ey exist for 64 bits.
    Colin

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=, Sep 30, 2006
  4. Well, I'm not sure I agree with that. Drivers? I've got one thing that isn't
    working, and a couple that are limping. But others are singing along very
    happily. Drivers have always been about doing your research first, and
    making informed decisions. Software? Nothing I have cares one way or another
    today. But a huge amount will care by this time next year. I've got 3 new
    betas coming up that will ONLY run on x64. And others that prefer it. I'll
    be writing books about products that are x64 only. And I'll be doing it in
    Word 2003, cause there's no way on this planet I'm moving to Office 2k7.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 30, 2006
  5. My confusion is not if, but when to jump to 64-bit, most of the confusion is
    the cost. I'll probably go 64-bit on one desk top and stay windows
    professional on the other two. My question is what is the ability of moving
    files and documents created by 64-bit applications to 32-bit applications

    Even more importantly is there any issue of files made by 32-bit application
    working on a 64-bit OS system and then moving finished product to be used by
    same product such as Adobe Photoshop on a 32-bit system.

    I'm a small business owner (poor one at that) doing film to digital
    conversions and photo and film editing and can’t afford all the hardware and
    software upgrades in a short period of time. I need to start with the OS at
    sometime though. Any insight.

    v/r

    John

    =?Utf-8?B?am9oY2E=?=, Oct 1, 2006
  6. Data files are zero problem.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 2, 2006
  7. DO it. If you've got a hard drive bigger than 160GB and you can download
    your drivers ahead of time and copy them onto a cd or something and install
    them after cleanly updating to the 64-bit version of Vista, go for it. Your
    data files will be read and stored together with 32-bit applications. There
    will be separations of where 32-bit and 64-bit drivers end up put on the hard
    drive, but if you've got the patience then go for it. I think however that
    in order to upgrade to the 64-bit version of Vista you need to either have a
    current 64-bit version of WinXP on the hard drive or get the full version
    (not the upgrade) to Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate.

    =?Utf-8?B?UXVpenRhcg==?=, Feb 11, 2007