Why Rent When You Can Own For Same Price!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jez, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Jez

    Jez Guest

    Compatible With All DVD Players Made After 2000
    Video And Audio Are Identical To The Original

    New Dvd:

    Finding Nemo
    Legally Blonde 2
    Eight Crazy Nights
    The Pact Of Silence
    Anne B. Real
    Asylum Days

    Previous Week's Releases also available, just ask!

    New PS2:

    Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The Kings DVD
    True Crimes: Streets Of L.A. DVD
    Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup DVD
    Sponge Bob Square Pants: Battle For Bikini Bottom DVD
    NBA Shootout 2004 DVD
    NBA Jam 2004 DVD
    Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue DVD
    FIFA 2004 DVD
    Tony Hawk's Underground DVD
    Rogue Ops DVD
    Kill Switch DVD
    Jeopardy 2004 DVD
    S.W.A.T. Global Strike Team DVD
    WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain DVD

    New Xbox:

    Amped 2
    Rogue Ops
    Spongebob Square Pants: Battle For Bikini Bottom
    True Crimes: streets Of L.A.
    Hunter The Reckoning: Redeemer
    Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
    Morrowind: Game Of The Year
    Tony Hawk's Underground
    S.W.A.T. Global Strike Team
    Rent A Hero #1
    Ultimate Beach Soccer
    ESPN NBA Basketball 2k4
    Grabbed By The Ghoulies
    Kill Switch
    Metal Arms: Glitch In The System
    SSX 3
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

    MANY MANY MORE TITLES AVAILABLE!

    email for more details
    thanks and have a great day

    Jez, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Jez

    Nick Guest

    Because renting is legal!

    Nick, Nov 6, 2003

  3. >Because renting is legal!

    So I've been breaking the law by buying DVDs? :)

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker

    Sydney Assbasket, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Jez

    Jez Guest

    So is owning a backup.

    Jez, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Jez

    Biz Guest

    "Jez" <> wrote in message
    > So is owning a backup.

    Only if you own the original and made your own backup. You cant sell backup
    copies to people.

    Biz, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Jez

    Goldfgn Guest

    Re: Why Rent A Genuine Copy When You Can Own A Fake Copy For Same Price!

    Hey,

    I've changed the title for you.

    Goldfgn, Nov 6, 2003
  7. Jez

    Jez Guest

    Bingo :)

    Jez, Nov 6, 2003
  8. Jez

    jayembee Guest

    Jez <> wrote:

    > Nick wrote:
    >
    >> Because renting is legal!

    > So is owning a backup.

    Yes, but selling a "backup", when you don't have the rights
    to do so, is not.

    Besides, why should I buy a "backup" from you? In order for
    it to be a "backup", I'd have to have bought an original.
    If I've done that, why can't I make my own backups?

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 6, 2003
  9. Jez

    Justin Guest

    Jez wrote on [Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:37:19 -0500]:
    > Bingo :)

    you can't give them to people, either. And in the US it's illegal to
    make a backup of any copy protected medium

    Justin, Nov 7, 2003
  10. Jez

    Mark B. Guest

    "Jez" <> wrote in message
    > So is owning a backup.

    Buying a "backup" from someone else is not legal last I heard.

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 7, 2003
  11. Jez

    Jez Guest

    It depends which country you reside in. And the post was intended for
    people that were interested, not for a thread of bashing.

    Jez, Nov 7, 2003
  12. Jez

    Justin Guest

    Jez wrote on [Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:04:48 -0500]:
    > It depends which country you reside in. And the post was intended for
    > people that were interested, not for a thread of bashing.

    It doesn't depend on what country you are in, if you don't own the
    original then it's illegal to posess a "backup"

    Justin, Nov 7, 2003
  13. Jez

    Richard C. Guest

    Pirates will get bashed.
    It is the law!

    ==============
    "Jez" <> wrote in message news:...
    : It depends which country you reside in. And the post was intended for
    : people that were interested, not for a thread of bashing.
    :
    : "Mark B." wrote:
    :
    : > "Jez" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : > > So is owning a backup.
    : > >
    : >

    Richard C., Nov 7, 2003
  14. Jez

    Rob Guest

    I have just reported this idiot jezheads to the MPAA ... perhaps they can
    get the message across ...

    Rob, Nov 7, 2003
  15. Jez

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Nov 8, 2003
  16. Jez

    Mark B. Guest

    "Jez" <> wrote in message
    > It depends which country you reside in. And the post was intended for
    > people that were interested, not for a thread of bashing.

    I really don't care what the intent of the post was for, I'll comment on
    whatever aspect of it I feel like.

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 8, 2003
  17. Jez

    Speedybird Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 17:09:37 -0500, "Mark B." <> wrote:

    >"Jez" <> wrote in message
    >> It depends which country you reside in. And the post was intended for
    >> people that were interested, not for a thread of bashing.
    >>

    >I really don't care what the intent of the post was for, I'll comment on
    >whatever aspect of it I feel like.
    >
    >Mark

    Oh, I don't think so, little guy. That egotical machismo won't work here. It's been tried by better than
    you. Now **** off.

    'Oh, Great Brother of the Dark...
    Who rideth on the hot winds of Hell....
    I bid you, appear before me now!