Why People is more concerned about passing?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Blackmetal, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Blackmetal

    Blackmetal Guest

    Hello all,

    I just want to launch this question as a debate point for everybody: people
    who has the experience and people who aspire to get certifications.

    In my case, I have gone to the two extremes: once, I ran out of time, and
    the other day, I finished really quickly. I was not concerned about the
    time, I didn't even know that I was out of time until my exam was
    interrupted, and of course I failed.

    Now, the question is:

    Why is everybody concerned and worried about passing scores, alloted time,
    number of questions instead of take a test to back up their real experience?
    Are you taking tests to get a pass mark or to really proof to yourself and
    employers that you have the right experience for any specific position?

    Ok guys, I expect to receive any kind of commentaries, good or bad. The
    point here is to discover why people is doing the "Certification stuff"

    Blackmetal, Jun 20, 2007

  2. I posed this same exact question in the CertGuard Forums 2 weeks ago and we
    generated a considerable amount of information from it.

    Question: Why is the number of questions on an exam important to you?
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=184

    The answer to this question can be found at the top of Page two of the topic:
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=184&whichpage=2

    To sum it up, a person's culture has a lot to do with what a person needs in
    order to feel comfortable going into an exam.

    Reading Cerebrus' answer to this post was an eye opener to many of the people
    that have asked this same question in the past.

    HTH
    --
    CertGuard
    www.CertGuard.com

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jun 20, 2007

  3. Blackmetal

    Blackmetal Guest

    well, it might sound selfish what I'm going to say, but anyways, is true:

    Day after day, many people comes asking about that and even asking about
    where to find information on any specific path.

    this leads me to think:
    a) this people don't have the natural curiosity that someone in IT would
    expect to have. IT is a field where in many situations, you have to find
    your way by yourself and this people don't even bother in go to MS website
    to search and read about requisites, etc.

    b) this people is more interested in getting the Capital Letters AKA MCP,
    bla bla than backing up their experience.

    c) even when these questions have been answered thousands of times in these
    newsgroups, they don't even bother in read other post, they just keep on
    asking the same thing again and again.

    Thankfully, now we have the web and access to many technical material, but
    in the old days, it was a kind of trophy to get a good technical book and
    you had to find your way on your own, and now, is a shame to have those
    resources and keep on asking if someone know about books or requisites, etc.

    Blackmetal, Jun 20, 2007
  4. "Blackmetal" <> wrote in message
    > well, it might sound selfish what I'm going to say, but anyways, is true:
    >
    > Day after day, many people comes asking about that and even asking about where
    > to find information on any specific path.
    >
    > this leads me to think:
    > a) this people don't have the natural curiosity that someone in IT would
    > expect to have. IT is a field where in many situations, you have to find your
    > way by yourself and this people don't even bother in go to MS website to
    > search and read about requisites, etc.
    >
    > b) this people is more interested in getting the Capital Letters AKA MCP, bla
    > bla than backing up their experience.
    >
    > c) even when these questions have been answered thousands of times in these
    > newsgroups, they don't even bother in read other post, they just keep on
    > asking the same thing again and again.
    >
    > Thankfully, now we have the web and access to many technical material, but in
    > the old days, it was a kind of trophy to get a good technical book and you had
    > to find your way on your own, and now, is a shame to have those resources and
    > keep on asking if someone know about books or requisites, etc.

    We have been in these newsgroups long enough to understand that what you're
    saying makes sense. You and I (amongst many others here) are in IT because we
    have a passion for it, and that passion compels us to do the needed research, to
    figure out how stuff works, how to keep our equipment in top condition 24/7, and
    how to learn our roles in the corporate workplace. But that's not the case for
    many of the people that come in here. To them, asking those (silly) questions is
    probably a normal way of life for them (just as research is a normal way of life
    for us).

    All we can do to help improve the situation is not get upset when they do ask,
    but point them in the direction of an answer that may clarify that research is
    the key (Google is your friend).

    I've often provided some of them with keywords that will lead them to the right
    places and told them that Google (or MSN Live) would be the best place to use
    those keywords.

    --
    CertGuard
    www.CertGuard.com

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jun 20, 2007
  5. Blackmetal

    RomoR Guest

    How about an autoreply from the Microsoft NewsGroup itself.

    Hopefully sometime in the future Microsoft can develop a AI to this group.
    There are websites and flash files where you can chat with the computer
    itself. They have done it wonderful atleast to some extent.

    RomoR

    RomoR, Jun 28, 2007