    some of these posts seem to come from admins with network down situations or
    enterprise wide issues that need addressing, Did some of you forgot that TAC
    exists?

    Hugo Drax, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Hugo Drax

    Ivan Guest

    "Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    news:br8ptf$k0mh$-berlin.de...
    > some of these posts seem to come from admins with network down situations

    or
    > enterprise wide issues that need addressing, Did some of you forgot that

    TAC
    > exists?

    I will say just one thing. I had 3 opened TAC cases in past 4 months, and
    none was solved by TAC. Seems that TAC is not as good as it used to be. Not
    to mention that I solved 2 of 3 with help from this group...

    Any comments?

    Ivan

    Ivan, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Hi

    We use the TAC quite often... for hardware replacments. :)

    Actually it depends on the case engineer who's got assigned to your case
    and as higher your priority is as better are the engineers.

    One of my funniest cases was, when I opened a case where I wrote "...
    and the switch crashed meanwhile I was configuring it...", "... please
    see the console output and the crashinfo file...". I attached the
    mentioned files where everyone could read "... restarting because of
    software crash..."!!!
    And one of the first questions of the case engineer was: "How did you
    note that the switch crashed?" :)

    Best regards
    Roberto

    Roberto Giana, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Hugo Drax

    John Guest

    Roberto Giana <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi
    >
    > We use the TAC quite often... for hardware replacments. :)
    >
    > Actually it depends on the case engineer who's got assigned to your case
    > and as higher your priority is as better are the engineers.
    >
    > One of my funniest cases was, when I opened a case where I wrote "...
    > and the switch crashed meanwhile I was configuring it...", "... please
    > see the console output and the crashinfo file...". I attached the
    > mentioned files where everyone could read "... restarting because of
    > software crash..."!!!
    > And one of the first questions of the case engineer was: "How did you
    > note that the switch crashed?" :)
    >

    > Best regards
    > Roberto
    >

    > Hugo Drax wrote:
    > > some of these posts seem to come from admins with network down situations or
    > > enterprise wide issues that need addressing, Did some of you forgot that TAC
    > > exists?

    Spank me if I'm wrong but don't you need a contract $$ to use TAC?

    John, Dec 11, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    John <> wrote:

    :Spank me if I'm wrong but don't you need a contract $$ to use TAC?

    Sometimes you only need contract $ instead of $$ or $$$$$ or worse.
    I just priced a PIX 506e support contract at about $US100.

    --
    Usenet is one of those "Good News/Bad News" comedy routines.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 11, 2003
  6. Actually Hugo, I open a tac case and a post on the news group since I prefer
    multiple suggestions verse's just one

    Jeremy

    Jeremy McMasters, Dec 12, 2003
  7. In article <br995i$o8to$-berlin.de>,
    Ivan <> wrote:
    >"Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    >> some of these posts seem to come from admins with network down situations

    >or
    >> enterprise wide issues that need addressing, Did some of you forgot that

    >TAC
    >> exists?
    >>

    >I will say just one thing. I had 3 opened TAC cases in past 4 months, and
    >none was solved by TAC. Seems that TAC is not as good as it used to be. Not
    >to mention that I solved 2 of 3 with help from this group...
    >
    >Any comments?
    >
    >Ivan

    I don't have much experience with the first-line TAC any more (my
    clients tend to not call me until after the TAC has failed to come
    up with a good answer, so I can't judge their performance on easy
    issues :-D ), but I have been impressed with the support received on
    tough issues which have been escalated.
    http://www.networkingunlimited.com

    Vincent C Jones, Dec 12, 2003
  8. Hugo Drax

    A. Andrews Guest

    I swear by TAC. Thats what we have it for, so use it. Also it frees up
    a lot of time to do other work

    A. Andrews, Dec 12, 2003