    you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
    using this piece of crap.

    well, have fun

    janquin, Sep 19, 2004

  2. janquin wrote:
    > That's quite clear..
    > Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
    > Why o why do people still buying this shit.?
    > even the avg is much better then the norton shit and it's free..
    > Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    > firewalls..
    > the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
    > For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of shit
    > program they call protection.
    > -thanks-
    > and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
    > you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
    > using this piece of crap.
    >
    > well, have fun

    Not got a spellchecker then?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 19, 2004

  3. janquin

    janquin Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Not got a spellchecker then?

    no smartass...
    speak dutch by any chance.?

    and a good line; Not got a spellchecker then?
    well duh, practice before point your finger out to someone else

    janquin, Sep 19, 2004
  4. janquin

    Paul - xxx Guest

    janquin vaguely muttered something like ...

    > Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    > firewalls..

    I like Norton AV.

    > the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..

    I like Norton Ghost

    Norton suite of programs is not very good though, but the separate bits
    themselves are pretty good. IMHO. They're also pretty good in the corporate
    sector for mass deployment ..

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    http://paul-xxx.blogspot.com/ Just started a blog ..

    Paul - xxx, Sep 19, 2004
  5. I fully Agree.

    William Matthewson, Sep 19, 2004
  6. janquin

    Jack Guest

    janquin wrote:

    > That's quite clear..
    > Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
    > Why o why do people still buying this shit.?
    > even the avg is much better then the norton shit and it's free..
    > Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    > firewalls..
    > the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
    > For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of shit
    > program they call protection.
    > -thanks-
    > and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
    > you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
    > using this piece of crap.
    >
    > well, have fun

    So what does everyone recommend regarding a good anti virus checker

    Jack, Sep 19, 2004
  7. janquin

    Sano Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:12:44 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:

    > janquin vaguely muttered something like ...
    >
    >> Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    >> firewalls..

    > I like Norton AV.
    >
    >> the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..

    > I like Norton Ghost
    >
    > Norton suite of programs is not very good though, but the separate bits
    > themselves are pretty good. IMHO. They're also pretty good in the corporate
    > sector for mass deployment ..

    I agree with the comment on the whole suite. It's just like installing
    another complete os on top of things.

    Sano, Sep 19, 2004
  8. janquin

    xmp Guest

    Sano wrote:

    >>Norton suite of programs is not very good though, but the separate bits
    >>themselves are pretty good.

    The sum of the parts is more than the whole?!

    michael

    xmp, Sep 19, 2004
  9. janquin

    josey67 Guest

    janquin wrote:

    > That's quite clear..
    > Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
    > Why o why do people still buying this shit.?
    > even the avg is much better then the norton shit and it's free..
    > Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    > firewalls..
    > the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
    > For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of shit
    > program they call protection.
    > -thanks-
    > and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
    > you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
    > using this piece of crap.
    >
    > well, have fun

    Finally Someone has seen the light, Ii agree whole heartly

    NORTON BLOWS !!

    I My self have tested norton vs Mcafee.

    a friend in texas got blasted with a virus from a webpage

    I often am cleaning up her pc troubles.

    when done i asked her to send me the link.

    mcafee stopped it in its tracks. I was safe.

    as for her with norton it fucked her desktop wallpaper and more . then
    asked if wanted to quarantine it after the damage was done.

    Then a year later my mcafee subscription was up

    i got free norton corperate from a friend.

    I got hammered with a trojan from a web site norton called it backdoor
    jeem.

    I reformated , bought new mcafee went back to the site and once again
    mcafee came through.

    Josey
    Network admin

    p.s. you folks who swear by norton never got a virus is the reason you
    love it so much.......think about that.

    then when you do get one ...I told you so, cause norton only tells you
    you got one then after the damagae is done ...well your fucked.

    josey67, Sep 19, 2004
  10. janquin

    Parko Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:58:33 +0000, Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Not got a spellchecker then?

    A spelczeker iz onli gude if ya cn spel sumptink inna furst playse, ay?
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Sep 19, 2004
  11. janquin

    John Holmes Guest

    janquin came up with this:

    > That's quite clear..
    > Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
    > Why o why do people still buying this shit.?
    > even the avg is much better then the norton shit and it's free..
    > Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    > firewalls..
    > the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
    > For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of shit
    > program they call protection.
    > -thanks-
    > and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
    > you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
    > using this piece of crap.
    >
    > well, have fun

    NAVCE rocks, I must say. Updates every day, except on sundays unless
    there's a critical one.

    --
    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Sep 19, 2004
  12. Personally I like AVG and have recommeneded it to many of my friends and
    have never had a virus with it. I also test using
    http://housecall.antivirus.com about every 2 weeks just to confirm AVG and
    so far so good. Used to swear by Norton until they started getting so big
    and then in 2004 they added the 'call home' feature which really turned me
    off.

    Cheers

    Daryl MacDonald, Sep 19, 2004
  13. "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > janquin came up with this:
    >
    > > That's quite clear..
    > > Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
    > > Why o why do people still buying this shit.?
    > > even the avg is much better then the norton shit and it's free..
    > > Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    > > firewalls..
    > > the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
    > > For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of shit
    > > program they call protection.
    > > -thanks-
    > > and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
    > > you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
    > > using this piece of crap.
    > >
    > > well, have fun

    > NAVCE rocks, I must say. Updates every day, except on sundays unless
    > there's a critical one.
    >
    > --
    > -John Holmes-
    >
    > "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    gotta give my vote to the reliable and free avast czech it out

    rg

    Ross Galloway, Sep 19, 2004
  14. janquin

    PK Guest

    "Daryl MacDonald" <> wrote:

    > Personally I like AVG and have recommeneded it to many of my friends and
    > have never had a virus with it. I also test using
    > http://housecall.antivirus.com about every 2 weeks just to confirm AVG and
    > so far so good. Used to swear by Norton until they started getting so big
    > and then in 2004 they added the 'call home' feature which really turned me
    > off.

    housecall.antivirus.com is put out by trendmicro. I've been using
    their paid version for years and will continue to do so on my primary
    computer. Unfortunately they went to the M$ thing of having to
    purchase separate "numbers" for each machine, so my other three run
    AVG free.

    I have never had an activated virus on my AVG machines, and have had
    two since 1998 on my primary machine that were discovered when updates
    applied. I like to think that the time spent and the type of activity
    on my primary machine account for that those occurences...

    One of my computers is for business records and downloading drivers;
    one is used by spouse; another is the laptop.

    My primary computer is used for my jaunts into the net-world and
    experimenting and exploring.

    --

    PK

    In the real usenet

    PK, Sep 19, 2004
  15. janquin

    janquin Guest

    Parko wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:58:33 +0000, Brian H¹© wrote:
    >

    >>Not got a spellchecker then?

    > A spelczeker iz onli gude if ya cn spel sumptink inna furst playse, ay?

    could you teach me? you seem to do a fine job ;)

    janquin, Sep 19, 2004
  16. janquin

    Buffalo Guest

    "josey67"
    > Finally Someone has seen the light, Ii agree whole heartly
    >
    > NORTON BLOWS !!
    >
    > I My self have tested norton vs Mcafee.
    >
    > a friend in texas got blasted with a virus from a webpage
    >
    > I often am cleaning up her pc troubles.
    >
    > when done i asked her to send me the link.
    >
    > mcafee stopped it in its tracks. I was safe.
    >
    > as for her with norton it fucked her desktop wallpaper and more .

    then
    > asked if wanted to quarantine it after the damage was done.
    >

    > Then a year later my mcafee subscription was up
    >
    > i got free norton corperate from a friend.
    >
    > I got hammered with a trojan from a web site norton called it

    backdoor
    > jeem.
    >
    > I reformated , bought new mcafee went back to the site and once

    again
    > mcafee came through.
    >

    > Josey
    > Network admin
    >
    > p.s. you folks who swear by norton never got a virus is the reason

    you
    > love it so much.......think about that.
    >
    > then when you do get one ...I told you so, cause norton only tells

    you
    > you got one then after the damagae is done ...well your fucked.

    You shouldn't have had to format just because of 'jeem'.
    Backdoor.jeem is 'easy' to remove.
    Norton has had virus defs for Jeem for around two years now. Strange
    it didn't pick it up.
    Your so-called 'test' wasn't very well done.
    Sounds like you overeacted in both cases.
    Stay with McAfee.
    PS:many here think it is not too good either

    Buffalo, Sep 19, 2004
  17. janquin

    Joe Mamma Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:53:51 +0200, janquin <>
    wrote:

    >That's quite clear..
    >Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
    >Why o why do people still buying this shit.?
    >even the avg is much better then the norton shit and it's free..
    >Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
    >firewalls..
    >the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
    >For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of shit
    >program they call protection.
    >-thanks-
    > and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
    >you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
    >using this piece of crap.
    >
    >well, have fun

    About a year ago, against my better judgement I left the pre-installed
    OEM Norton on a machine. A few months later a virus loaded in memory
    and was infecting excutables. Norton dutifully removed the infected
    exectuables and just let the virus keep infecting the rest of the
    machine.

    Truly bizarre to watch.

    Joe Mamma, Sep 19, 2004
  18. janquin

    Bryan Daniel Guest

    I have been using Avast! for quite a while and it seems to have worked so
    far.

    --Bryan

    Bryan Daniel, Sep 19, 2004
  19. janquin

    Bigfred Guest

    Fully Agree I consigned mine to the Bin now its history and my PC works now.

    Bigfred, Sep 19, 2004
  20. janquin

    Sano Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:25:33 GMT, xmp wrote:

    > Sano wrote:
    >
    >>>Norton suite of programs is not very good though, but the separate bits
    >>>themselves are pretty good.

    > The sum of the parts is more than the whole?!
    >
    > michael

    Please learn how to post.

    Sano, Sep 19, 2004