    1 HDD SATA 250GB
    1 HDD IDE 120 GB
    SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS
    =?Utf-8?B?SkdQRw==?=, Aug 18, 2006

  2. This is not a 64bit problem. Please post in the general Vista newsgroup.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel, Aug 19, 2006

  3. CHARLIE........
    i try with both systems X86 AND X64

    so......

    ZZAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?SkdQRw==?=, Aug 19, 2006
  4. JGPG:
    In your original posting you didn't mention Vista x64 and you didn't
    indicate what brand or kind of mouse you're using. I'm using a MS
    IntelliMouse optical or MS Optical Mouse Blue through a KVM switch (P/S2)
    and either mouse works properly when plugged into a USB port. As another
    note Charlie Russel was right in pointing out that the Vista General group
    would be a better source for information since everybody here isn't testing
    Vista x64 let alone Vista x86. I'm only testing Vista x64 because Vista x86
    has no place in my future plans at this time. I'm sorry that I can't solve
    your problem with the little information given. Looking in the Vista General
    group there are multiple posts about Logitech mice and driver concerns that
    aren't experienced with Windows x64.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 19, 2006
  5. well i'm using a Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and the mouse is a
    IntelliMouse Explorer 2 (Optical) that is conected to the usb also so i
    really dont think that is the mouse type or the mouse driever don't you
    think!!!! My brother's friend install the VISTA BETA 2 by making an upgrade
    from XP SP2 media Center Edition 2005 and he have no problems... and he does
    not install any driver he only download the upgrades from microsoft and it
    works propertly is the same B2 5384 and the computer is a AMD 64 too....

    Thanks for your help...!!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?SkdQRw==?=, Aug 19, 2006
  6. JGPG:
    It could be a USB driver issue during startup. To eliminate that
    possibility try using a standard P/S2 keyboard and mouse. If the problem is
    gone it verifies that the problem is a USB driver concern for the mouse
    and/or keyboard. I the problem is still present then there is a conflict in
    the installation. If your installation is a Vista x86 upgrade, uninstalling
    AV programs and conflicting programs noted during the upgrade. Nero and
    Power DVD were listed listed as conflicting when I tried an upgrade
    installation on a test machine that I was going to format anyways.
    Conflicting programs can be the downfall of a good installation, that's why
    I prefer to do a clean installation into a formatted partition or hard drive
    than a repair or upgrade on any operating system. With Vista x64 the only
    installation allowed is a clean installation into a formatted partition or
    hard drive. Also at this time any Vista installation IS NOT RECOMMENDED on a
    production or only available PC or laptop.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 19, 2006