    help?

    Thank you in advance for any help you may be in this matter.

    Will Anderson

    speedyJMcfly, Jun 24, 2003

  2. speedyJMcfly wrote:
    > Hello, I have replaced my old computer with a not quite so old machine. I
    > was running Windows 95 with a Cannon Bubble Jet 5000 and now am running
    > Windows 98 SE with the same printer. It was printing fine with the old
    > system and the new machine finds and recognizes the printer. I have
    > installed the latest driver for it, but the 'Online' light will not quit
    > blinking and it will not take print jobs.
    >
    > I have ensured that the cables are connected securely. I made sure that the
    > paper was stocked and in place correctly. The print cartridges move back
    > and forth when the power is turned off and on.
    >
    > I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any thoughts that may be of
    > help?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help you may be in this matter.
    >
    > Will Anderson

    Uninstall the drivers and then download and install the drivers again.
    If no luck, get another printer.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 24, 2003

  3. speedyJMcfly

    Kev C Guest

    speedyJMcfly typed the following

    > Hello, I have replaced my old computer with a not quite so old
    > machine. I was running Windows 95 with a Cannon Bubble Jet 5000 and
    > now am running Windows 98 SE with the same printer. It was printing
    > fine with the old system and the new machine finds and recognizes the
    > printer. I have installed the latest driver for it, but the 'Online'
    > light will not quit blinking and it will not take print jobs.
    >
    > I have ensured that the cables are connected securely. I made sure
    > that the paper was stocked and in place correctly. The print
    > cartridges move back and forth when the power is turned off and on.
    >
    > I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any thoughts that
    > may be of help?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help you may be in this matter.
    >
    > Will Anderson

    Is the "queue" for print jobs cleared? Have a Lexmark that used to print
    fine but recently it reports that it has not finished printing (you can have
    the final sheet in your hand).It will accept print jobs but they are
    "queued" waiting on the printer finishing the last print job.The only remedy
    I have for this is re-booting the computer.Just a workround will try
    re-inserting the printer drivers when I get a new colour cartridge ,may be
    connected to one of the cartridges being virtually empty (behaviour only
    started at same time as colour cartridge ran out).

    --
    yours K (Addy not usable [not that you would try it anyway])
    There wis a Hare ran tae a burn it ran sae fast it couldnae turn

    Kev C, Jun 24, 2003