    Any user can share your experience with me?

    Thanks!

    Luo

    luojuan, May 24, 2004

  2. luojuan

    Chuck Guest

    Because of Panasonic maybe ?

    Chuck, May 24, 2004

  3. luojuan

    O.D. Guest

    I saw that on dpreview.com and nearly died of laughter.
    Yeah, it's a Panasonic.

    O.D., May 24, 2004
  4. luojuan

    Chuck Guest

    > I saw that on dpreview.com and nearly died of laughter.
    > Yeah, it's a Panasonic.

    What is so funny about that ?

    Chuck, May 24, 2004
  5. luojuan

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Because it is a Panasonic camera with a Leica badge on it.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, May 24, 2004
  6. Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > Because it is a Panasonic camera with a Leica badge on it.

    If that's funny, then Leica's a very funny company. They have been
    selling Novoflex lenses with Leica badges, Minolta cameras with Leica
    badges, Schneider lenses with Leica badges, Fuji cameras with Leica
    badges, Minolta lenses with Leica badges, Panasonic cameras with Leica
    badges...

    since about 1959!

    And how about those Kyocera Contaxes, Fuji Hasselblads, Zeiss Sonys....
    the list is endless!

    David

    David Kilpatrick, May 24, 2004
  7. luojuan

    nixjunk Guest

    >If that's funny, then Leica's a very funny company. They have been
    >selling Novoflex lenses with Leica badges, Minolta cameras with Leica
    >badges, Schneider lenses with Leica badges, Fuji cameras with Leica
    >badges, Minolta lenses with Leica badges, Panasonic cameras with Leica
    >badges...
    >
    >since about 1959!
    >
    >And how about those Kyocera Contaxes, Fuji Hasselblads, Zeiss Sonys....
    >the list is endless!
    >
    >David

    Only a photographic snob would make an issue out of that.
    The same kind that still refuses to believe that Sony makes some of the best
    nonslr digicams around and control, along with Canon , most of that market.

    nixjunk, May 24, 2004
  8. luojuan

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Why Leica Digitlux is made in Japan?
    >From: "Tony Spadaro"
    >Date: 5/23/04 10:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >Because it is a Panasonic camera with a Leica badge on it.
    >
    >--
    >http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    >home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    >The Improved Links Pages are at
    >http://www.chapelhillnoir.com/links/mlinks00.html
    >A sample chapter from my novel "Haight-Ashbury" is at
    >http://www.chapelhillnoir.com/writ/hait/hatitl.html
    >"luojuan" <> wrote in message
    >> I took a brief look at the reviews for Leica Digitlux.
    >> Seems to me it is a perfect stunning superb of germany
    >> optical product. But when I look at it at Amazon I found
    >> it was in fact made in Japan. Anyone explain this for me?
    >>
    >> Any user can share your experience with me?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Luo

    It is a Leica concept, a Leica design made to Leica standards and tolerances.
    It is being made on the Eastern rim as is almost everything precision these
    days. They have highly skilled labor at much lower prices. It is an economic
    necessity in 21st century economics. The somewhat diluted version they allow
    Panasonic to market is just that and only that. Close but no cigar.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, May 24, 2004
  9. luojuan

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Why Leica Digitlux is made in Japan?
    >From: ixjunk (nixjunk)
    >Date: 5/24/04 2:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    >>If that's funny, then Leica's a very funny company. They have been
    >>selling Novoflex lenses with Leica badges, Minolta cameras with Leica
    >>badges, Schneider lenses with Leica badges, Fuji cameras with Leica
    >>badges, Minolta lenses with Leica badges, Panasonic cameras with Leica
    >>badges...
    >>
    >>since about 1959!
    >>
    >>And how about those Kyocera Contaxes, Fuji Hasselblads, Zeiss Sonys....
    >>the list is endless!
    >>
    >>David
    >>

    >Only a photographic snob would make an issue out of that.
    >The same kind that still refuses to believe that Sony makes some of the best
    >nonslr digicams around and control, along with Canon , most of that market.

    Not necessarilty a snob. Just someone who has no understanding of modern
    economics in the 21st century.

    ArtKramr, May 24, 2004
  10. luojuan

    Anonymous Guest

    What are the real differences between the Leica and Panasonic versions of
    this camera?

    Anonymous, May 24, 2004
  11. luojuan

    Chuck Guest

    Sony cameras suck, jeez , everyone knows that ...

    Chuck, May 24, 2004
  12. luojuan

    Chuck Guest

    the name on it and apparently , the price, thats it

    Chuck, May 24, 2004
  13. luojuan

    O.D. Guest

    Because the Panasonic is $300 cheaper.

    They want you to pay $300 more for a Digilux case.

    Okay, maybe I wasn't dying of laughter, maybe it was a slight chuckle ^__^

    O.D., May 24, 2004
  14. luojuan

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Why Leica Digitlux is made in Japan?
    >From: "O.D."
    >Date: 5/24/04 11:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >Because the Panasonic is $300 cheaper.
    >
    >They want you to pay $300 more for a Digilux case.
    >
    >Okay, maybe I wasn't dying of laughter, maybe it was a slight chuckle ^__^
    >

    >"Chuck" <> wrote in message
    >> > I saw that on dpreview.com and nearly died of laughter.
    >> > Yeah, it's a Panasonic.

    >> What is so funny about that ?

    Leica is the best thing that ever happened to Panasonic. They got Leica
    optics plus a basic design better than they ever could have done themselves.

    ArtKramr, May 24, 2004
  15. "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    > >Subject: Re: Why Leica Digitlux is made in Japan?

    > Leica is the best thing that ever happened to Panasonic. They got Leica
    > optics plus a basic design better than they ever could have done

    themselves.

    Actually Panasonic is the best thing to happen to Leica. Panasonic is the
    major share-holder of Leica.

    Anti Spam & Uncle Lart, May 24, 2004
  16. luojuan

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Why Leica Digitlux is made in Japan?
    >From: "Anti Spam & Uncle Lart"
    >Date: 5/24/04 1:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    >"ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    >> >Subject: Re: Why Leica Digitlux is made in Japan?

    >> Leica is the best thing that ever happened to Panasonic. They got Leica
    >> optics plus a basic design better than they ever could have done

    >themselves.
    >>

    >Actually Panasonic is the best thing to happen to Leica. Panasonic is the
    >major share-holder of Leica.

    Quid pro quo.

    ArtKramr, May 24, 2004
  17. luojuan

    O.D. Guest

    But that isn't the issue, is it?

    All I'm saying is that **THEY'RE THE SAME CAMERA**

    I couldn't care less which company is better for the other.

    "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    > >Subject: Re: Why Leica Digitlux is made in Japan?
    > >From: "O.D."
    > >Date: 5/24/04 11:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    > >
    > >Because the Panasonic is $300 cheaper.
    > >
    > >They want you to pay $300 more for a Digilux case.
    > >
    > >Okay, maybe I wasn't dying of laughter, maybe it was a slight chuckle

    ^__^

    O.D., May 24, 2004
  18. luojuan

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    ArtKramr wrote:

    > Leica is the best thing that ever happened to Panasonic. They got
    > Leica optics plus a basic design better than they ever could have
    > done themselves.

    I'd say it's the other way round: Panasonic rescued Leica from
    certain death. BTW, there is nothing "Leica" in that camera,
    except for the name. Panasonic, being the major shareholder
    in the German company, can do pretty much whatever they
    want with the name "Leica" now and obviously they're sticking
    it to their own cameras to increase the price. But that's no Leica.

    Paolo Pizzi, May 25, 2004
  19. luojuan

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    O.D. wrote:

    > But that isn't the issue, is it?
    >
    > All I'm saying is that **THEY'RE THE SAME CAMERA**

    You're absolutely right. One has the name "Leica" and
    costs an extra $300, but it's absolutely identical.

    Paolo Pizzi, May 25, 2004
  20. luojuan

    Chuck Guest

    > I'd say it's the other way round: Panasonic rescued Leica from
    > certain death. BTW, there is nothing "Leica" in that camera,
    > except for the name. Panasonic, being the major shareholder
    > in the German company, can do pretty much whatever they
    > want with the name "Leica" now and obviously they're sticking
    > it to their own cameras to increase the price. But that's no Leica.

    But Leica are still making the lenses , no ?

    Chuck, May 25, 2004