    Why isn't it backwards compatible?

    Greetings

    Juan Jansen
    Juan Jansen, May 20, 2005

  2. "Juan Jansen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why do apps still ask for .NET 1.1 when .NET 2.0 is installed?
    >
    > Why isn't it backwards compatible?
    >
    > Greetings
    >
    > Juan Jansen

    It is possible those applications are suffering from some of the issues
    covered at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/programming/64bit/default.aspx

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 20, 2005

  3. The way the .NET Framework is made allows for multiple versions to run
    side-by-side. When developers write applications for .NET, they target a
    specific version of the .NET Framework. If your application targets the
    ..NET Framework 1.1, you'll need to install it ;-).

    Luckily, the .NET Framework 1.1 (32-Bit) runs great in Windows x64. Your
    best bet is to go ahead and install the .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable,
    here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

    When the .NET Framework 2.0 is released, look for new apps to take advantage
    of it ;-).

    --
    Ryan Hoffman
    Extended64.com - http://www.extended64.com

    Windows x64 Support Forums: http://www.extended64.com/Forums/
    Extended64.com's Windows x64 Blogs: http://www.extended64.com/Blogs/

    Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com], May 20, 2005