Why is there Footage Missing from the Matrix DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Paul, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    I would think that with all the space available on DVD that those
    schmucks at Warner would AT LEAST put everything that we saw in the
    movie theatre in the DVD.. however there are bits missing everywhere
    in the movie for the sake of making tidy chapters.

    Main example.. in the beginning when Neo goes to the club and meets
    Trinity for the first time.. In the theater, before Neo is shown,
    they show the club, and start playing at a point about 15 sec. into
    the beginning of the Hot Rod Herman remix
    of Dragula... then it pans to Neo... that's at least 10-15
    seconds of footage missing... the final DVD simply cuts from Neo
    outside his apartment to a spot in the club scene where they are
    already like 15 sec into the Rob Zombie song. The original theatrical
    version showed those extra 10-15 sec. and started audio-wise from the
    very beginning of that Dragula remix and it was essentially more
    slowomotion shots of the people inside the clubn The DVD version
    jumps into the club scene well into. It makes a nice
    neat chapter edit.

    However when I pay for a DVD i expect to get at least the movie I saw
    in the theater, not a chopped down and edited version.
    Paul, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Paul

    Jay G Guest

    Paul <> wrote:
    > I would think that with all the space available on DVD that those
    > schmucks at Warner would AT LEAST put everything that we saw in the
    > movie theatre in the DVD.. however there are bits missing everywhere
    > in the movie for the sake of making tidy chapters.

    From all accounts, the DVD isn't cut. You're most likely
    mis-remembering things. DVDs do not get edited to
    make better chapter stops.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/alternateversions

    -Jay
    Jay G, Feb 14, 2004

  3. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Jay G <>!
    Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > From all accounts, the DVD isn't cut. You're most likely
    > mis-remembering things. DVDs do not get edited to
    > make better chapter stops.

    There are a few players that goof up on the layer change
    so a bit of dialog gets cut off.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    A reminder to the world....
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Feb 15, 2004