    How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
    any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
    was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

    tigerman@________.com, Sep 3, 2007

  2. tigerman@________.com

    TheCroW Guest

    > This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
    >
    > When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
    > Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
    > How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
    > any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
    > was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

    Maybe what happend to me also happend to you without knowing ... turns out
    that (at least on my Windows XP Home system) when your browser is openend
    and you hold the Ctrl key (or tap it at that moment by accident) and you
    scroll with your scrollwheel on your mouse, the fontsize of the browser is
    changed and that change is remembered by the browser.
    So: open FF, hold your Ctrl key and move your scrollwheel downward. Now your
    fonts in FF will get bigger. Select the size you want and FF will remember.
    As far as I know this goes for IE as for FF alike but the change of FF will
    not effect the fontsize of IE and the other way around.

    --
    Menno
    =====================

    TheCroW, Sep 3, 2007

  3. On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:34:52 +0200, "TheCroW" <>
    wrote:

    >> This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
    >>
    >> When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
    >> Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
    >> How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
    >> any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
    >> was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?
    >>

    >Maybe what happend to me also happend to you without knowing ... turns out
    >that (at least on my Windows XP Home system) when your browser is openend
    >and you hold the Ctrl key (or tap it at that moment by accident) and you
    >scroll with your scrollwheel on your mouse, the fontsize of the browser is
    >changed and that change is remembered by the browser.
    >So: open FF, hold your Ctrl key and move your scrollwheel downward. Now your
    >fonts in FF will get bigger. Select the size you want and FF will remember.
    >As far as I know this goes for IE as for FF alike but the change of FF will
    >not effect the fontsize of IE and the other way around.

    Maybe that works in XP, but it does nothing for me. I am running
    Win98se. Any other ideas? I dont recall changing anything to affect
    the font size in FF, but I could have done something unknowingly.

    tigerman@________.com, Sep 3, 2007
  4. tigerman@________.com

    Miller Guest

    *tigerman@________.com* wrote on 03.09.07 11:53:
    > This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
    >
    > When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
    > Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
    > How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
    > any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
    > was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

    Tools -> Options -> Content -> Fonts&Colors -> Advanced:
    Minimum font size...
    [x] Allow pages to choose their own fonts...

    HTH, M.

    Miller, Sep 3, 2007
  5. On 2007-09-03, tigerman@________.com <tigerman@________.com> wrote:

    > This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
    >
    > When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
    > Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
    > How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
    > any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
    > was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

    I suspect some MS-centric weirdness in the page design. In any case, try
    the No-Squint Add-On, which lets you set zoom level on a site-by-site
    basis: http://urandom.ca/nosquint/

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Sep 4, 2007
  6. tigerman@________.com

    yogi22 Guest

    On Sep 3, 10:31 pm, John Thompson <2.dhs.org> wrote:
    > On 2007-09-03, tigerman@________.com <tigerman@________.com> wrote:
    >
    > > This is Firefox 2.0.0.3

    > > When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
    > > Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
    > > How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
    > > any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
    > > was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

    > I suspect some MS-centric weirdness in the page design. In any case, try
    > the No-Squint Add-On, which lets you set zoom level on a site-by-site
    > basis:http://urandom.ca/nosquint/
    >
    > --
    >
    > John ()

    I agree 100% with John. No-Squint is one of my favourite extensions.
    You can tell it (or, not) to remember the zoom level that you last
    used at any site. The next time you visit, it will automatically
    display at that level. This is a Must-Have! (at least for this
    senior's eyes).
    kk

    yogi22, Sep 5, 2007