    computers..#
    Any info wud be great....Fred aka Morph

    ---
    Morph, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Morph

    Thagor Guest

    "Morph" <noseytw@aintya> wrote in
    news::

    > Everytime i backtrace an IP adres that has tried to enter me computer,
    > using the ARIN database, it is always my ISP with a reason of 'abuse
    > or mailto'... is this the normal protocol.. I am running Sygate free
    > firewall, why does the IP always begin with 80.whatever...
    > Have i done summat to warrant this, of which i don't know about, as i
    > cannot think of anything, it is always mailto abuse.net or barry
    > titmarsh @ tiscali
    > What is this all about, owt 2 worry about, I am a newcomer to
    > computers..#
    > Any info wud be great....Fred aka Morph
    >

    > ---

    Do you speak English? I can make out some of your words but not enough to
    make a complete thought. Try the post again and see if someone can
    understand you better than I.
    Thagor, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Morph

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > Everytime i backtrace an IP adres that has tried to enter me computer,
    > using the ARIN database, it is always my ISP with a reason of 'abuse
    > or mailto'... is this the normal protocol.. I am running Sygate free
    > firewall, why does the IP always begin with 80.whatever...
    > Have i done summat to warrant this, of which i don't know about, as i
    > cannot think of anything, it is always mailto abuse.net or barry
    > titmarsh @ tiscali
    > What is this all about, owt 2 worry about, I am a newcomer to
    > computers..#
    > Any info wud be great....Fred aka Morph

    You're going to have to do better than this in explaining your situation.
    On the other hand, you have everyday Internet traffic noise (scans and
    attacks) and the FW is knocking it down and stopping it, even from other
    user/customer machines that have an IP from your ISP. Your machine is not
    the only machine on the ISP's network using one of the IP(s) issued by the
    ISP.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Morph wrote:

    > Everytime i backtrace an IP adres that has tried to enter me computer, using
    > the ARIN database, it is always my ISP with a reason of 'abuse or mailto'...
    > is this the normal protocol.. I am running Sygate free firewall, why does
    > the IP always begin with 80.whatever...
    > Have i done summat to warrant this, of which i don't know about, as i cannot
    > think of anything, it is always mailto abuse.net or barry titmarsh @
    > tiscali
    > What is this all about, owt 2 worry about, I am a newcomer to
    > computers..#
    > Any info wud be great....Fred aka Morph
    >

    > ---

    Barry Titmarsh?? ROTFLMFAO!!

    --

    PMD

    "You play with feathers, you get your arse tickled"
    =?UTF-8?B?26k=?=, Dec 5, 2004
  5. Morph

    Ross Durie Guest

    You might like to add a rule to your firewall to block everything on port
    80.

    --
    Ross

    Ross Durie, Dec 5, 2004
  6. Morph

    Plato Guest

    Morph wrote:

    > Everytime i backtrace an IP adres that has tried to enter me computer, using

    Dont worry about it. Turn the alerts off and let the firewall do its
    job.
    Plato, Dec 5, 2004
  7. Morph

    Morph Guest

    Why ya laffin' so much, ''tit'' aint that funny, is it summat else i typed
    mr or mrs ? :), go on, giz a clue ? ya git

    Morph, Dec 5, 2004