    wanted this cert.

    this is more of a moan at Microsoft to change their ways as people learn
    differently.
    discodave, Oct 21, 2007

  2. discodave

    John R Guest

    "discodave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi
    >
    > iam doing the mcdst at the moment and i can do most things practically but
    > somethngs i dont have full knowledge but willing to learn and prefer hands
    > on
    > as im just coming into the market from building and repairing pcs for
    > years i
    > wanted this cert.
    >
    > this is more of a moan at Microsoft to change their ways as people learn
    > differently.

    Not exactly sure what you are complaining about. You expressed a desire to
    earn a Microsoft certification. As such, since you are asking Microsoft to
    certify your abilities, I think it only fair that Microsoft discovers if in
    fact you have those abilities. They (Microsoft) place no restraints on you
    as to how you learn. Most people learn from experience, something that you
    will slowly gain over time just like the rest of us. As to what they test
    you on, they will test you on the 'Microsoft way' of doing things. A
    Microsoft certification would not be of much value if all you know is Cisco
    and Linksys. When someone sees that you are Microsoft certified, they
    expect that you know the way that Microsoft does things, and as such, you
    will be able to minipulate their products (not someone else's) to accomplish
    immediate goals. Maybe there are better ways to do certain things, but you
    must at least have a grasp on the base concepts of the products you are
    asking for certification on.

    Good luck in your endeavors.

    John R
    John R, Oct 22, 2007

  3. discodave

    Montreal MCT Guest

    This is not going to be well received, but it is possible that the moan
    should not be at Microsoft to change. The model that they use is tried and
    true, and often it helps to separate the wheat from the chaff. Maybe it is
    more incumbent upon you to step up to the learning curve. Our
    certifications are valuable because the people who are unable to complete
    and learn from the training cannot get certified.

    I hope you see this as a challenge rather than as an insult. Step up to the
    curve and show the world that you can.

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog
    ---

    Montreal MCT, Oct 23, 2007
  4. discodave

    Montreal MCT Guest

    I am liking you more and more... WELL SAID!

    Montreal MCT, Oct 24, 2007
  5. discodave

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day catwalker63 <> did
    cause the electrons to come together and form the following words:

    > I blame the IDOT who came up with the idea of giving trophies to all
    > the kids, not just the winners and passing kids who haven't met the
    > requirements so they don't feel bad. And I blame the parents who
    > bought into it. We've got a whole buncha people out there now that
    > expect the world to be nice to them. Newsflash: The real world is
    > not a nice place where everyone shares and plays nice and you get
    > prizes for being mediocre or for just showing up.

    And yet we have kids who think its okay to "win", no matter how you do
    it. Plus parents who don't care enough to look at the methods, just the
    results. How can both Cat's theory and this one exist at the same time.
    Has winning been devalued by these behaviours?

    It all started with questioning authority... damn hippies.

    Next thing you know we'll have human sacrifice, dogs and cats living
    together - mass hysteria.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL