    at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its not faulty.
    Please help.

    RoGue

    RoGue, Oct 18, 2005

  2. RoGue

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:16:33 +0200, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    News Group, Without Any Hesitation RoGue Wrote The Following:

    > Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only download
    > at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its not faulty.
    > Please help.
    >
    > RoGue

    Don't know why, but got the same thing here. About 3 days now.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2005

  3. RoGue

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:16:33 +0200, RoGue wrote:

    Try reading these
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    >Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only download

    Oh no not usenetx again, check the FAQ / Help / Support / Status info.

    Don't get your K/k mixed up. Your ADSL 512kbps, your nombers are poor if
    they are in k, and horrible if you mean K as a lot of measuring apps
    use.

    >at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its not faulty.
    >Please help.

    This newsgrous isn't usenetx.

    Distance to server matters, even if in the same country.

    >RoGue

    Me

    why?, Oct 18, 2005
  4. RoGue

    Guest

    , Oct 19, 2005
  5. RoGue

    Old Gringo Guest

    On 18 Oct 2005 16:02:18 -0700, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
    Group, Without Any Hesitation Wrote The
    Following:

    > please try the new beta, it comes with decent speed improvements:
    >
    > http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.51.zip
    >
    > and please post here, if it worked for you!
    >
    > Thanks!

    This is what I get:
    Directory Listing Denied
    This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 10/18/05 7:40:55 PM
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Old Gringo, Oct 19, 2005
  6. RoGue

    Guest

    , Oct 19, 2005
  7. RoGue

    Old Gringo Guest

    On 19 Oct 2005 01:10:38 -0700, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
    Group, Without Any Hesitation Wrote The
    Following:

    > sorry, I had a typo - here is the correct link:
    >
    > http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.53.zip
    >
    > this link will definetely work!

    File rejected, sorry.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 10/19/05 8:38:37 AM
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Old Gringo, Oct 19, 2005
  8. RoGue

    Guest

    , Oct 20, 2005
  9. RoGue

    gordon Guest

    wrote:
    > that's strange, it works for me!
    >
    > please try it again...is there anyone else who has problems downloading
    > this file?
    >
    > http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.53.zip

    Nope - ok here.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10, Pan, Evolution and Firefox

    gordon, Oct 20, 2005
  10. RoGue

    ellis_jay Guest

    RoGue wrote:
    > Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only
    > download at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its
    > not faulty. Please help.
    >
    > RoGue

    My son contacted me on his cell phone this weekend and told me his new
    computer has a virus. It is identified as vundo.exe. Apparently his pal's
    girlfriend downloaded it while the boys were on the road working. He told
    me that his computer is very slow. He told me that in task manager , cpu
    usage is erratic-wildly erratic. I told him I could send him some links to
    help him fix it, but he said he was just too busy right now to fool with it,
    as it takes forever for his computer to do anything. Maybe this weekend he
    will have the time-if Wilma doesn't knock him off line down there around
    Gator Alley.

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, Oct 20, 2005
  11. RoGue

    Aquila Deus Guest

    RoGue wrote:
    > Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only download
    > at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its not faulty.
    > Please help.

    No.

    Aquila Deus, Oct 20, 2005