    rooksmith Guest

    Seems like Microsoft is trying to make it very difficult to create
    shares in a house or small business.

    rooksmith, Dec 27, 2009

  2. rooksmith

    Big_Al Guest

    rooksmith said this on 12/27/2009 2:56 PM:
    > Seems like Microsoft is trying to make it very difficult to create
    > shares in a house or small business.

    I have 4 PC's and have no problems what so ever. I find it real simple.
    I've even linked to a Mac from the Windows systems.

    Big_Al, Dec 28, 2009

  3. Re: Why is is so hard to wirelessly connect two Windows PC's in a workgroup

    Hi
    The process involves two aspects.
    1. Configuring a Network to connect multiple computers to the Internet, and
    Locally (aka LAN).
    This aspect involves selection and installation of 3rd party hardware that
    has very little to do with Microsoft.
    2. Once you have a physical Network it has to be configured to work between
    computers.
    This aspect might involve variety of OS', security consideration, and 3rd
    party applications (if installed).
    If you do not care about security, and all computer are running Win 7 (and
    No 3rd party security application are installed) it is quite easy. Just use
    Win 7 HomeGroup.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/homegroup.aspx
    Otherwise, if you do have variety of OS' and security needs and 3rd party
    security application it might be somewhat complex.
    Firewall instructions.
    Windows 7 Work Network,
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windows7/windows7_sharing.htm
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing
    XP -http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx
    Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing
    XP -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Sharing between Windows XP and Mac -
    http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/mac-pc-file-share.asp
    When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Dec 28, 2009