Why is IE not displaying pages??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blobby J Blobdom, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. I have a client who can use IE6 happily on his office LAN.
    Display everything - no issues at all.

    His LAN uses fixed addresses through a gateway.

    Ive just configured a Siemens S55 Bluetooth phone to hook up to GPRS
    for him.

    The laptop and the phone pair easily and Dial Up Networking
    establishes a connection.

    I can ping the gateway, DNS and various remote servers.

    However, IE will not display pages. I get 'Connecting to..." but then
    shortly after 'page not found'

    Neither can I use finger or telnet.

    I doubt its spyware or adware as IE generally works normally on his
    LAN.
    HTTP 1.1 settings are set to 'Use proxy through connection'

    Any clues??

    Thanks :)

    J.

    Blobby J Blobdom, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Blobby J Blobdom

    MrToad Guest

    Blobby J Blobdom <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > I have a client who can use IE6 happily on his office LAN.
    > Display everything - no issues at all.
    >
    > His LAN uses fixed addresses through a gateway.
    >
    > Ive just configured a Siemens S55 Bluetooth phone to hook up to GPRS
    > for him.
    >
    > The laptop and the phone pair easily and Dial Up Networking
    > establishes a connection.
    >
    > I can ping the gateway, DNS and various remote servers.
    >
    > However, IE will not display pages. I get 'Connecting to..." but then
    > shortly after 'page not found'
    >
    > Neither can I use finger or telnet.
    >
    > I doubt its spyware or adware as IE generally works normally on his
    > LAN.
    > HTTP 1.1 settings are set to 'Use proxy through connection'
    >
    > Any clues??
    >
    > Thanks :)
    >
    > J.

    Is he, in fact using a proxy?
    If not, change the proxy setting to "connect directly to internet"
    instead.

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Jan 16, 2004

  3. On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:25:26 -0000, MrToad <>
    wrote:

    >Is he, in fact using a proxy?
    >If not, change the proxy setting to "connect directly to internet"
    >instead.

    Tried it both ways, with no luck.

    Blobby J Blobdom, Jan 19, 2004