    Anyone have any ideas why? Is this a common problem?
    Thanks in advance

    John S.

    John, Dec 13, 2004

  2. John

    Moz Champion Guest

    John wrote:

    > Hi there. Delighted to have found the Mozilla programs and freed myself
    > from Bill Gates's tyranny.
    >
    > HOWEVER; when I come back to my computer after it's been on standby and
    > go to use my Firefox, it is incredibly slow to "wake up" (Firefox, not
    > the PC). Any other programs I have open will run straight away (as IE
    > used to) but Firefox is deadly slow to get up'n running.
    > Anyone have any ideas why? Is this a common problem?
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > John S.

    Because it has to reload the program.

    IE doesnt have this because its reloaded with the system (ever wonder
    why Windows machines take so long to start, compared to other systems?)

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Dec 14, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    Many thanks. Makes perfect sense.

    Suppose it's very naive of me to hope there might be some way of
    keeping it loaded? Drives me up the wall, it does.

    Kinda defeats using broadband......might as well go back to a 386 and a
    33 kbs modem :eek:)

    Still love using FF though.

    Cheers

    John

    John, Dec 15, 2004
  4. John

    Moz Champion Guest

    John wrote:

    > Many thanks. Makes perfect sense.
    >
    > Suppose it's very naive of me to hope there might be some way of
    > keeping it loaded? Drives me up the wall, it does.
    >
    > Kinda defeats using broadband......might as well go back to a 386 and a
    > 33 kbs modem :eek:)
    >
    > Still love using FF though.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > John

    Um, dont put the computer on standby?

    I take it your 'Standby' is the same as 'Sleep' on say a Macintosh. It
    varies from specific OS to specific OS and even amongst programs. Some
    programs just dont get along with such a mode.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Dec 15, 2004