    messages of ringing tones all night :-(

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Vista Guest

    "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message
    news:1hlq8l0.d7qwe8gsmyxmN%...
    > Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
    > be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
    >
    > I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
    > ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
    > a call. WTF?
    >
    > But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
    > tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
    > messages of ringing tones all night :-(
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet
    > --
    > If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

    Because some people have a life and don't want to work at all hours of the
    day. Maybe when they move all their support to Asia they will offer 24x7
    supprt. Not that many companies offer 24x7 support.
    Vista, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jo Guest

    "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message
    > Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
    > be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
    >
    > I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
    > ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
    > a call. WTF?
    >
    > But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
    > tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
    > messages of ringing tones all night :-(
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet
    > --
    > If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

    Its probably something minor such as someone ringing you getting voicemail,
    flashing the hook an trying someone else.
    Jo, Sep 15, 2006
  4. Jamie Kahn Genet

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
    > be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
    >
    > I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
    > ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was
    > making a call. WTF?
    >
    > But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
    > tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
    > messages of ringing tones all night :-(
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    How's this?

    For all of last Saturday I couldn't ring a friend in the Waikato area. My
    Vodaphone cell just shut off after a few seconds and my Actrix tolls did the
    same thing after about 30 seconds. I rang 123 and the person there told me
    that, if I was using a Telecom service to ring out, I'd get a message saying
    the lines were overloaded and to try again later.

    I said "What?? The lines have been overloaded for 6 hours?" She said "Yes, I
    guess a lot of people are making phone calls."

    It's getting bad when that happens. It wasn't even a national holiday of
    Father's day or anything, just an ordinary Saturday.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Sep 16, 2006
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet

    steve Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    > Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
    > be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
    >
    > I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
    > ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
    > a call. WTF?
    >
    > But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
    > tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
    > messages of ringing tones all night :-(
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.

    That does not include residential or small business customers.
    steve, Sep 23, 2006
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Adam Guest

    On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:51:09 +1200, steve wrote:

    >Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    >
    >> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
    >> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
    >>
    >> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
    >> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
    >> a call. WTF?
    >>
    >> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
    >> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
    >> messages of ringing tones all night :-(
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Jamie Kahn Genet

    >They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.
    >
    >That does not include residential or small business customers.

    That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
    (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
    real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
    description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
    very effective!).

    I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
    maintenance cost, whatever it's called.

    Adam.
    Adam, Sep 24, 2006
  7. <Adam> wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:51:09 +1200, steve wrote:
    >
    > >Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > >
    > >> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
    > >> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
    > >>
    > >> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
    > >> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
    > >> a call. WTF?
    > >>
    > >> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
    > >> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
    > >> messages of ringing tones all night :-(
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >> Jamie Kahn Genet

    > >They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.
    > >
    > >That does not include residential or small business customers.

    > That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
    > (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
    > real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
    > description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
    > very effective!).
    >
    > I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
    > maintenance cost, whatever it's called.
    >
    > Adam.

    That's Xtra's support. Try getting help at that hour with another
    non-xtra service.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Sep 26, 2006
  8. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Adam Guest

    On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:26:19 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    ><Adam> wrote:

    >> >They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.
    >> >
    >> >That does not include residential or small business customers.

    >> That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
    >> (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
    >> real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
    >> description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
    >> very effective!).
    >>
    >> I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
    >> maintenance cost, whatever it's called.
    >>
    >> Adam.

    >That's Xtra's support. Try getting help at that hour with another
    >non-xtra service.

    Aaah right. No-one mentioned Xtra when I spoke to them (I just dialled
    123 then followed the robot menu to "faults").

    Or rather - they asked me if I was an Xtra customer (no).

    Adam.
    Adam, Sep 27, 2006
  9. <Adam> wrote:

    > On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:26:19 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    >
    > ><Adam> wrote:

    > >> That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
    > >> (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
    > >> real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
    > >> description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
    > >> very effective!).
    > >>
    > >> I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
    > >> maintenance cost, whatever it's called.
    > >>
    > >> Adam.

    > >That's Xtra's support. Try getting help at that hour with another
    > >non-xtra service.

    > Aaah right. No-one mentioned Xtra when I spoke to them (I just dialled
    > 123 then followed the robot menu to "faults").
    >
    > Or rather - they asked me if I was an Xtra customer (no).
    >
    > Adam.

    One thing Xtra does have over other ISPs - 24/7 tech support. I still
    wouldn't go back to them, though :)

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Sep 28, 2006
  10. Jamie Kahn Genet

    MaHogany Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:34:20 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> [...]

    And those "high-value" customers get the phone answered usually within 30
    seconds!

    Ma Hogany

    --
    "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    fries with that, if prompted."
    MaHogany, Sep 28, 2006
  11. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Steve B Guest

    Kahn Genet) wrote:

    ><Adam> wrote:

    >> >They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.
    >> >
    >> >That does not include residential or small business customers.

    >> That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
    >> (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
    >> real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
    >> description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
    >> very effective!).
    >>
    >> I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
    >> maintenance cost, whatever it's called.
    >>
    >> Adam.

    >That's Xtra's support. Try getting help at that hour with another
    >non-xtra service.
    >
    >Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    Yes; I was about to reply to the question with a simple "Because
    TelstraClear doesn't." It's Kiwi competiton: offer as much service as
    your rival and not an iota more.

    Trying for support for my T-C/Paradise cable connection (no Telecom
    input involved) I got a "limited service" recorded message in the
    evening; basically any "canned" advice could be offered but nothing
    live.

    It turned out to be a router problem at their end, for which they
    eventually shut the whole network down for about five hours early in
    the morning.It appears to be fixed now.

    Steve B.
    Steve B, Sep 28, 2006