    That's my motto.

    Saul Goldfarb
    , Oct 6, 2007

  2. goldfarb44 wrote:
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested
    > in pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.

    So, you think that if your employees cannot produce the same quality work in
    the same amount of time or less than your competition due to "how much pain
    (they) must endure" due to your inflexibility and possible
    incompatibilities, etc - you will still actually *make* a profit?

    What is it the richer half of the population says?
    'You have to spend money to make money', or something like that.

    Good luck with your 'business model'. ;-)

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    Shenan Stanley, Oct 6, 2007

  3. Jerry Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    The thing is, no one really cares why you prefer Linux.
    Jerry, Oct 6, 2007
  4. fourteen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    A found penny has more value.
    fourteen, Oct 6, 2007
  5. which is why linux is so much better, i laugh everytime a see a fool buy a
    retail or upgrade version of windows, even my folks because i know i can get
    a really reliable OS depending which version of linux you get AND i don't
    have a pay a dime or a penny. and i don't need a antivirus program, because
    linux is so reliable, and almost no one make a linux virus. i know this by
    XP, that's why even though i like not love my vista system i always have a
    bootable version of linux when i want to be working for real, not just
    having fun, like when i run vista.

    --
    Capt. Jonathan Perreault

    Personnal Advice To You:
    #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language

    Best Comments From Users:
    No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's Faults

    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
    foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

    Translator French - English - Creole, Oct 6, 2007
  6. John Guest

    Translator French - English - Creole wrote:
    > which is why linux is so much better, i laugh everytime a see a fool buy
    > a retail or upgrade version of windows, even my folks because i know i
    > can get a really reliable OS depending which version of linux you get
    > AND i don't have a pay a dime or a penny. and i don't need a antivirus
    > program, because linux is so reliable, and almost no one make a linux
    > virus. i know this by XP, that's why even though i like not love my
    > vista system i always have a bootable version of linux when i want to be
    > working for real, not just having fun, like when i run vista.

    That's one hell of a sentence!

    John.
    John, Oct 6, 2007
  7. fourteen Guest

    "Translator French - English - Creole" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > which is why linux is so much better, i laugh everytime a see a fool buy a
    > retail or upgrade version of windows, even my folks because i know i can
    > get a really reliable OS depending which version of linux you get AND i
    > don't have a pay a dime or a penny. and i don't need a antivirus program,
    > because linux is so reliable, and almost no one make a linux virus. i know
    > this by XP, that's why even though i like not love my vista system i
    > always have a bootable version of linux when i want to be working for
    > real, not just having fun, like when i run vista.
    >
    > --
    > Capt. Jonathan Perreault
    >
    > Personnal Advice To You:
    > #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    > #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    > #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language
    >
    > Best Comments From Users:
    > No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's
    > Faults
    >
    > A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
    > completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    > "fourteen" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Linux is cheap.
    >>> IOW Linux is low cost.
    >>> I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    >>> pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    >>> Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    >>> That's all that counts.
    >>> Go cheap and you will sleep..
    >>> That's my motto.
    >>>
    >>> Saul Goldfarb
    >>>

    >> Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    >> A found penny has more value.

    I doubt you "run" anything.
    You couldn't run on two feet.
    fourteen, Oct 6, 2007
  8. ____/  Gary Stewart on Saturday 06 October 2007 22:37 : \____

    > <snip garbage>

    Another impotent Gary Stewart (flatfish) nym.

    plonk

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oÊʇ sÉ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ÇɹÇɥʇ 'ɹÇpuÇq 'ʎɹɹoÊ Ê‡,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oÊʇ É ÊÉs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puÉ ...ÇɹÇÉ¥ÊʎɹÇÊŒÇ soɹÇz puÉ sÇuo .ɯÉÇɹp 1nÉŸÊÉ uÉ
    ʇÉÉ¥Ê 'É¥É¥É¥É :ɹÇpuÇq
    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 6, 2007
  9. John King Guest

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 23:57:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/  Gary Stewart on Saturday 06 October 2007 22:37 : \____
    >
    >> <snip garbage>

    > Another impotent Gary Stewart (flatfish) nym.
    >
    > plonk

    Can you prove that SPAMMER?

    --

    John King

    "Just Say No To DRM"
    John King, Oct 7, 2007
  10. JANA Guest

    I know of companies that had problems with Linux in their operations when
    they went with that attitude. The losses were greater!

    Linux is an excellent operating system, and is very stable. But, it has its
    place. It is best to be compatible to the rest of the world when it comes to
    business!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Oct 7, 2007
  11. DP Guest

    GEEZ! Why I Prefer Linux.

    Geez, I'm suprised at how many people thought this guy was serious.
    Have the OS wars blinded us to humor and irony?
    Come on, people, use your head before answering.

    DP, Oct 7, 2007
  12. "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your
    employees.

    If you are not the owner of that business, show your post to those
    above you and the owner.
    Whether you are the owner or not, show your employees this post so
    they can clearly see how little you care for them.

    I doubt you represent very many if any business owners who use Linux.
    With that attitude, you must have a very high turn over and that
    generally translates to higher costs because of training etc.
    Regardless the operating system used, anyone with your attitude will
    drive business costs up.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 7, 2007
  13. VanguardLH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested
    > in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    You really think no one recognizes a Google Grouping boob playing a
    wannabe flamer?
    VanguardLH, Oct 7, 2007
  14. "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    > This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your
    > employees.
    >
    > If you are not the owner of that business, show your post to those
    > above you and the owner.
    > Whether you are the owner or not, show your employees this post so
    > they can clearly see how little you care for them.
    >
    > I doubt you represent very many if any business owners who use Linux.
    > With that attitude, you must have a very high turn over and that
    > generally translates to higher costs because of training etc.
    > Regardless the operating system used, anyone with your attitude will
    > drive business costs up.

    You really fell for that one...

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Oct 7, 2007
  15. Lang Murphy Guest

    > "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    > This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your employees.

    This smells like a complete hoax. P-Uuuuuuuuu!

    Lang
    Lang Murphy, Oct 7, 2007
  16. Telstar Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    Our implementation of Linux for sever, after changing from MS, has cost us
    so much support time and grief that your statements seem ludicrous.
    Telstar, Oct 7, 2007
  17. Telstar Guest

    "fourteen" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Linux is cheap.
    >> IOW Linux is low cost.
    >> I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    >> pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    >> Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    >> That's all that counts.
    >> Go cheap and you will sleep..
    >> That's my motto.
    >>
    >> Saul Goldfarb
    >>

    > Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    > A found penny has more value.

    I award you the Ig Noble stupidest comment of the month. All hail the
    stupidity!
    Telstar, Oct 7, 2007
  18. ml2mst Guest

    Lang Murphy schreef:
    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    >> This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your employees.

    > This smells like a complete hoax. P-Uuuuuuuuu!

    It certainly is. The only reason this was posted, is to set Windows and
    Linux users up against each other. It's nothing but flame bait.

    Just look at the groups it was cross posted to.

    Enough said.

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    ml2mst, Oct 7, 2007
  19. windmap Guest

    On Oct 7, 2:37 am, wrote:
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    I think linux kind of stuff is good for countries like phillipines ,
    srilanka and other developing countries.Becoz they cant afford
    windowsxp or something like that(Vista).Piracy is also very high in
    devloping nations.Linux doesnt requires LINUX GENUINE VALIDATION.Also
    no need to enter product key everytime you start the
    installation.Complete peace.There are many manufacturers in developing
    countries.They recommended linux in their product advertisements.
    windmap, Oct 7, 2007
  20. ha ha ha ha your joking right? no you couldn'nt have been it shows that that
    you are fourteen with comments like that.

    --
    Capt. Jonathan Perreault

    Personnal Advice To You:
    #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language

    Best Comments From Users:

    Translator French - English - Creole, Oct 7, 2007