    unavailable; Client host [82.214.223.1] blocked using
    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org; http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.214.223.1'

    , May 11, 2006

  2. why? Guest

    On 11 May 2006 11:27:17 -0700, wrote:

    Only large files?

    Files up to what size are okay?

    What about messages , with no attachments to the same recipient?

    Your mail provider limit on attachment sizes are?

    >Task 'mail.elliswac.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your
    >outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you
    >continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or
    >Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 Service

    You did or will, contact your mail server admins?

    >unavailable; Client host [82.214.223.1] blocked using
    >sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org; http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.214.223.1'

    If the IP you are checking is not in our database, but you are receiving
    bounce messages saying it is, then it is probable the IP has been
    removed from our database but DNS servers around the internet have not
    yet updated. In this case, wait 1-2 hours and the blocking should clear
    by itself.

    Did you look at the page for the URL above?

    Usually a spamhaus block are set because a mail server has (a user /
    script on a customer pc) sending out lots of spam, read more
    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/

    In this case the IP address is the same as your posting address. Perhaps
    it's then an auto block on the attachment size / file type.

    You didn't say what type of file, maybe zip the file, to make it smaller
    and not a doc or some other format that doesn't usually auto preview
    launch.

    At our work we need to add a password to the zip file, this is so the
    attachment / file viewer app doesn't auto launch and an extra manual
    un-zip step is needed.

    Me

    why?, May 11, 2006

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > Task 'mail.elliswac.com

    I don't know what the elliswac is working for.

    But your own IP 82.214.223.1 (no good rDNS) of Hughes/Direcpc is
    blocklisted several places for hitting spamtraps and looking like a
    proxytrojan, including CBL and also spamcop SCbl.

    - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your
    > outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error.

    Perhaps your own smtp server is configured to block its proxified
    spamsourcing users. That would be good for all of us to have your IP's
    mail blocked by your own server.

    > If you
    > continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or
    > Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 Service
    > unavailable; Client host [82.214.223.1] blocked using
    > sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org;
    > http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.214.223.1'

    The spamhaus sbl-xbl list is composed of both sbl derived by spamhaus,
    and xbl derived by using the proxy trojan lists of cbl and njabl and
    blitzed bopm.

    Your IP is on that list ie blocklisted. My spam filter would also block
    any mail from your IP.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 11, 2006
  4. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Task 'mail.elliswac.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your
    > outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you
    > continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or
    > Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 Service
    > unavailable; Client host [82.214.223.1] blocked using
    > sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org;
    > http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.214.223.1'

    Nothing to do with the size of your message (although you will have to
    keep it under the max size permitted by your own e-mail provider
    regarding the size of an individual mail item). The problem is that the
    recipient is using a DNSBL (DNS blacklist) to block spam coming from
    known spam sources. Apparently the SpamHaus blacklist has your IP
    listed as a spam source. Was there a reason why you didn't click on the
    link to see the report on your IP address? Apparently you got listed,
    enough time lapsed so you got off their blacklist, and then you spammed
    again and got relisted. When I checked SenderBase regarding the volume
    of mails originating from *your* IP address (see
    http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=82.214.223.1), the volume
    measured is way too high for just your own personal e-mail usage. You
    have also been blacklisted by other blacklists (see
    http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=82.214.223.1), like SORBS and
    SpamCop (see
    http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=82.214.223.1). You've
    been spamming.

    Another problem (but not evidenced in this case) is that there is no
    valid A record in your Internet provider's nameserver (DNS) for your IP
    address. When attempting to do a reverse DNS on your IP address, no IP
    name can be retrieved. Spammers often don't want IP names, though,
    since they aren't interested in getting any return mails as a
    consequence of their spewage.

    Sure nice to know the DNSBLs are working to eliminate [your] spam.

    Vanguard, May 12, 2006
  5. JANA Guest

    You should contact your ISP for information. To me, it looks like your file
    size is exceeding the allowable with your provider.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, May 12, 2006