    What can change my hosts file and how to make a constant change in it?

    Best Regards,
    Voronkov Konstantin

    Voronkov Konstantin, Oct 8, 2010

  2. Voronkov Konstantin

    Steve Foster Guest

    Voronkov Konstantin wrote:

    > Hello, I would like to redirect one IP address to a localhost, but
    > each time something reverts the original content of hosts file.
    >
    > I open windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts with Notepad under run as
    > administrator, then make a change in hosts file. All new coonections
    > are redirecting to localhost (127.0.0.1), but suddenly in some time my
    > hosts file is reverted to the original state.
    >
    > My system runs Windows Vista x64 bit edition.
    > What can change my hosts file and how to make a constant change in it?

    Are you running an internet security suite of any sort? Particularly
    one that "inoculates" your machine against malware threats?

    --
    Steve Foster
    For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

    Steve Foster, Oct 11, 2010

  3. On 11 oct, 17:41, "Steve Foster" <> wrote:
    > Voronkov Konstantin wrote:
    > > Hello, I would like to redirect one IP address to a localhost, but
    > > each time something reverts the original content of hosts file.

    > > I open windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts with Notepad under run as
    > > administrator, then make a change in hosts file. All new coonections
    > > are redirecting to localhost (127.0.0.1), but suddenly in some time my
    > > hosts file is reverted to the original state.

    > > My system runs Windows Vista x64 bit edition.
    > > What can change my hosts file and how to make a constant change in it?

    > Are you running an internet security suite of any sort? Particularly
    > one that "inoculates" your machine against malware threats?
    >
    > --
    > Steve Foster
    > For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:https://netshop.virtual-isp.net

    I'm running Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstations 6. I'll ask on
    Kaspersky forums if there is any component in the product that
    protects hosts file in such strange way...

    Thanks for your help,

    Voronkov Konstantin, Oct 14, 2010