    Thanks in Advance!!!
    Regards,

    Steve B.
    Steve B., Sep 20, 2007

  2. Steve B. wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I was hopng that someone might be able to help me fix my version of
    > FireFox 2.0.0.7. I had a number of add ins which displayed in the left
    > side system-bar and some icons on the toolbar across the top which I
    > customized which no longer show. I have aupdate to FireFox which I was
    > prompted to run and now FireFox looks like a bare bones version and I
    > can't figure out how to get my custom settings back.
    >
    > can you please help?
    > Thanks in Advance!!!
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steve B.

    you need to update the extensions, too. Click on Tools,
    Addons, select extensions, and update them.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 20, 2007

  3. Steve B.

    Steve B. Guest

    Thanks for the advise, but I did try updating the extensions. When I
    click on "Find updates," it tells me that no updates were found.

    It's more like my profile was corrupted or something.

    Steve B., Sep 21, 2007
  4. Steve B. wrote:
    > Thanks for the advise, but I did try updating the extensions. When I
    > click on "Find updates," it tells me that no updates were found.
    >
    > It's more like my profile was corrupted or something.
    >

    > On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:12:00 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Steve B. wrote:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> I was hopng that someone might be able to help me fix my version of
    >>> FireFox 2.0.0.7. I had a number of add ins which displayed in the left
    >>> side system-bar and some icons on the toolbar across the top which I
    >>> customized which no longer show. I have aupdate to FireFox which I was
    >>> prompted to run and now FireFox looks like a bare bones version and I
    >>> can't figure out how to get my custom settings back.
    >>>
    >>> can you please help?
    >>> Thanks in Advance!!!
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Steve B.

    >> you need to update the extensions, too. Click on Tools,
    >> Addons, select extensions, and update them.

    then try and visit the extensions website and see if one is
    available.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 21, 2007
  5. Steve B. wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I was hopng that someone might be able to help me fix my version of
    > FireFox 2.0.0.7. I had a number of add ins which displayed in the left
    > side system-bar and some icons on the toolbar across the top which I
    > customized which no longer show. I have aupdate to FireFox which I was
    > prompted to run and now FireFox looks like a bare bones version and I
    > can't figure out how to get my custom settings back.
    >
    > can you please help?
    > Thanks in Advance!!!
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steve B.

    That has happened to me once actually. Upon upgrading FF my bookmarks and all
    sorts of other information stored in my profile disappeared due to data
    corruption.

    Mind you, this happened a long time ago (v1.5.x time I think it was) and I've
    never had the same problem again.

    Anyway, I don't think you're having issues with extensions, as some other
    poster has suggested, because FF *always* checks if there are updates available
    just after restarting (unless you've disabled them.) What you could do is
    temporarily disable some if not all the extensions, restart FF and see if it
    helps. Maybe, just maybe you have an incompatible extension installed for which
    an update hasn't been released yet. Don't hold your breath though...

    Miguel
    Miguel Guedes, Sep 21, 2007