    anthony Guest

    I'm talking about the 1950s series with George Reeves.
    There's some videos out there; it deserves DVD release NOW.

    anthony, Nov 19, 2003

  2. anthony

    profft Guest

    While their at it how about Rin Tin-Tin and SkyKing too.

    profft, Nov 19, 2003

  3. > I'm talking about the 1950s series with George Reeves.
    > There's some videos out there; it deserves DVD release NOW.

    I'd like this series too. It's probably not out due to a combination
    of the following:

    1) Rights. Have all the people who are entitled to profit been given
    their cut? If not, are we even sure about who those people are?

    2) Does the studio think there's enough interest to warrant the expense?
    It usually helps when there's a movie tie-in to cash in on.

    3) Are the original prints for the series in good condition? If not,
    this can increase the expense needed to get the set out to begin with.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Nov 19, 2003
  4. anthony

    jayembee Guest

    (anthony) wrote:

    >I'm talking about the 1950s series with George Reeves.
    >There's some videos out there; it deserves DVD release NOW.

    Most likely, it's because Warner has only started really diving into
    the TV-on-DVD business recently. They have a *lot* of material
    deserving DVD release "NOW". You'll just have to be patient.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 19, 2003
  5. anthony

    jayembee Guest

    "profft" <> wrote:

    >"anthony" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm talking about the 1950s series with George Reeves.
    >> There's some videos out there; it deserves DVD release NOW.

    >While their at it how about Rin Tin-Tin and SkyKing too.

    Well, the "they" who own THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN (Warner Bros) is
    not the "they" who own THE ADVENTURES OF RIN TIN TIN (Columbia), or
    the "they" who own SKY KING (an independent production company).

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 19, 2003
  6. anthony

    profft Guest

    I could careless who owns the copyrights, I would like to see them available
    on dvd

    profft, Nov 19, 2003
  7. "profft" <> wrote in news:A0Dub.101$3J.43@okepread03:

    > I could careless who owns the copyrights, I would like to see them
    > available on dvd

    Unfortunately, if you're looking to push for a show on DVD,
    the copyright holder should be your primary interest.

    If you're going to try and ge Supreman on DVD, you've got my support.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Nov 19, 2003
  8. anthony

    profft Guest

    What/how to try? I go to the various places that sell dvd's and if something
    catches my fancy... For instance went to PEP Boys to buy something else and
    lo and behold found StarTreks 3&4 WS for $9.99 a pop. Hell even 7-11's sell
    dvd's now, way over priced but still as more and more places sell them the
    more content will be in demand (or so it's hoped). I know who ever owns the
    rights arent going to make the dvd's just because I want them to.

    profft, Nov 19, 2003
  9. anthony

    jayembee Guest

    "profft" <> wrote:

    > "jayembee" <> wrote"

    >>> While their at it how about Rin Tin-Tin and SkyKing too.

    >> Well, the "they" who own THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN (Warner
    >> Bros) is not the "they" who own THE ADVENTURES OF RIN TIN
    >> TIN (Columbia), or the "they" who own SKY KING (an independent
    >> production company).

    > I could careless who owns the copyrights, I would like to
    > see them available on dvd

    Since the copyright holders are the ones to decide whether
    the programs get released on DVD or not, they are an important
    part of the equation.

    But my point is that everyone keeps saying things like "If they
    can release X, why can't they release Y?" as if there's some
    monolithic "they" who sit in a room somewhere in Switzerland,
    deciding what gets released and what doesn't.

    Different movies/series are owned by different companies that
    each have their own sets of priorities about what to release
    when.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 19, 2003
  10. On 18 Nov 2003 16:55:13 -0800, (anthony)
    wrote:

    >I'm talking about the 1950s series with George Reeves.
    >There's some videos out there; it deserves DVD release NOW.

    Give it time. Television releases on DVD explodedi n the last two
    years - Bullwinkle has been released and SCTV is getting a DVD
    release, too - I never thought I'd see either get a real release.

    Be patient! Give it time!

    Hitman of Las Vegas, Nov 19, 2003
  11. > What/how to try?

    > I know who ever owns the rights arent going to make
    > the dvd's just because I want them to.

    You kind of answered your own question. Convince the powers-that-be
    that the show that interests you would be profitable to release. Here are
    some suggestions, some being more helpful than others:

    1) Visit tvshowsondvd.com, and see what kind of following your show has.
    2) Visit fansites, see what the online community is interested in.
    3) Start a petition.
    4) Start a letter-writing campaign.
    5) If there are any similar DVDs out there, buy them. Show that you'll
    actually be willing to part with your money in exchange for the product.

    It all boils down to getting their attention. Let them know you
    want the series. Be intelligent, polite, and realistic.

    Hey, it worked for Willy Wonka and Batman: ROTJ...

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Nov 19, 2003
  12. anthony

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "profft" <> wrote in message
    > While their at it how about Rin Tin-Tin and SkyKing too.
    >
    > "anthony" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm talking about the 1950s series with George Reeves.
    > > There's some videos out there; it deserves DVD release NOW.

    Right on! Especially the Phillis Coates episodes from the 1st season!

    And how about _Fury_ (The story of a horse and the boy who loved him.)?

    Staring Peter Graves as "Jim", Bobby Diamond who played his son "Joey",
    William Fawcett who was "Pete" first ran on NBC Saturday Morning between
    1955 - 1960.

    Oh, oh! What about _Andy's Gang_?

    "PLUNK YOUR MAGIC TWANGER, FROGGY!"

    http://www.bibliora.com/P5_0902/html/superman.html

    http://members.tripod.com/~horsefame/FuryEG.html

    http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/andys-gang.htm

    Scot Gardner, Nov 20, 2003
  13. >Unfortunately, if you're looking to push for a show on DVD,
    >the copyright holder should be your primary interest.
    >
    >If you're going to try and ge Supreman on DVD, you've got my support.

    You've also got my support for Superman, as well.
    Best,

    Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

    MarkZimmerman, Nov 20, 2003