    message?!
    How could I get rid of the eye glass?
    TIA

    bardeban, Feb 4, 2008

  2. bardeban

    Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote:

    >Every time I post a message on any NG, there is an eye glass in front of my
    >message?!
    >How could I get rid of the eye glass?
    >TIA

    Agent, that is the watch thread icon.

    --

    http://www.pantherhouse.com/newshelton/insanity/

    , Feb 4, 2008

  3. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    What is watch tread icon? can I get rid of this icon? how?

    bardeban, Feb 4, 2008
  4. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    bardeban wrote:

    >What is watch tread icon? can I get rid of this icon? how?

    Just click on it. It will cycle thru watch-ignore-normal.

    --

    -G

    G. Morgan, Feb 4, 2008
  5. bardeban

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 00:55:45 -0500, "bardeban" <>
    wrote:

    >What is watch tread icon?

    Help, search. "Watch Thread'.

    >can I get rid of this icon?

    Yes.

    >how?

    The W key.

    Evan Platt, Feb 4, 2008
  6. bardeban

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 00:50:36 -0500, "bardeban" <>
    wrote:

    >Every time I post a message on any NG, there is an eye glass in front of my
    >message?!
    >How could I get rid of the eye glass?
    >TIA

    It's called "Watch this thread" for easier locating later.
    You might see an eyeglass icon on the toolbar. Click it and see what
    happens. Keep clicking until the eyeglass icon is removed.

    richard, Feb 4, 2008
  7. bardeban

    M.L. Guest

    >> Every time I post a message on any NG, there is an eye glass in
    >> front of my message?!
    >> How could I get rid of the eye glass?
    >> TIA

    > Agent, that is the watch thread icon.

    According to the OP's header he/she is not using Agent. Does the same
    apply?

    M.L., Feb 4, 2008
  8. M.L. wrote:
    [other people wrote the rest:]
    >>> Every time I post a message on any NG, there is an eye glass in
    >>> front of my message?! How could I get rid of the eye glass?
    >>> TIA

    >> Agent, that is the watch thread icon.

    > According to the OP's header he/she is not using Agent. Does the same
    > apply?

    Eyeglasses have been a standard "watch thread" icon for years in many
    newsreaders and some email clients as well. (Thunderbird eschews the
    glasses and just shows an eye.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 4, 2008
  9. bardeban

    chuckcar Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in

    > Every time I post a message on any NG, there is an eye glass in front
    > of my message?!
    > How could I get rid of the eye glass?

    Here's a rather strange idea: Read the manual so you know what you're
    doing.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 4, 2008
  10. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    "bardeban" wrote in message
    > Every time I post a message on any NG, there is an eye glass in
    > front of my message?!
    > How could I get rid of the eye glass?

    That is the Watched flag. You can sort the message list by the
    watched flag so all the posts that you are watching are at the top of
    the list and easy to see. That way, you can monitor those posts,
    especially if you are involved in them.

    Windows Live Mail, the client you used for posting here and presumably
    the same program used for e-mail (although you never did bother to
    mention WHAT e-mail client you use), has their own newsgroup at:

    microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

    (It was originally called Windows Live Mail Desktop but they dropped
    the Desktop in the name to align it with their online webmail Live
    e-mail service.)

    The obvious answer is that you enabled the option to tag (the watch
    flag) for any posts that YOU submit, or maybe that is the default
    setting. So go into the option and disable it.

    Oh goodie. Another clueless Usenetizen that voluntarily elects to be
    a spam affiliate for Tera. Every post you submit through their "free"
    NNTP server gets spamified, so every one of your posts through them is
    spam!

    VanguardLH, Feb 5, 2008