Why don't they make HDDs and platters like this?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by GreenXenon, May 22, 2009.

  1. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    Hi:

    Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in
    stores?

    CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not make HDDs with push-
    open slots like with CDs?

    If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
    platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want on
    the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
    Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
    When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
    pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme
    heat. That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would be unable to
    file defamation charges against me because I would have vaporized the
    evidence. Then, I could simply by more platters and start over with a
    clean slate.

    Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to permanently
    plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my PC because I whenever I
    suspect something is wrong, I could simply pull out the platters,
    vaporize them, and but new platters.

    Why don't computer companies make HDDs that can easily open/close the
    platter slots with a button [so that I don't have to keep unscrewing]?

    Also, why don't they sell platters without the HDD [so that I don't
    have to keep buying new HDDs]?

    Thanks

    GreenXenon, May 22, 2009

  2. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote:

    > Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in stores?

    Essentially because they work much better in 'sealed' enclosures.

    > CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not
    > make HDDs with push-open slots like with CDs?

    Thats has been done with ZIPs etc but you dont get anything like
    the data density and reliability that you get with a 'sealed' enclosure.

    > If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
    > platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want
    > on the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
    > Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
    > When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
    > pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme heat.

    Tad difficult to have one of those available at all times
    so when the large footed fellas storm thru the front
    door, you can evaporate the platters quickly enough.

    > That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would
    > be unable to file defamation charges against me because
    > I would have vaporized the evidence. Then, I could simply
    > by more platters and start over with a clean slate.

    Not a chance, they'd just summarily execute you
    and claim that you pulled a gun on them, stupid.

    > Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to
    > permanently plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my
    > PC because I whenever I suspect something is wrong, I could
    > simply pull out the platters, vaporize them, and but new platters.

    You can do that with the entire hard drive, stupid.

    > Why don't computer companies make HDDs that can easily open/close
    > the platter slots with a button [so that I don't have to keep unscrewing]?

    Because they know that you dont get any screwing, child.

    > Also, why don't they sell platters without the HDD
    > [so that I don't have to keep buying new HDDs]?

    Because they make more money flogging fools like you entire hard drives, child.

    Rod Speed, May 22, 2009

  3. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 22, 1:20 pm, "Rod Speed" <> wrote:

    > GreenXenon wrote:

    > > Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in stores?

    > Essentially because they work much better in 'sealed' enclosures.
    >

    > > CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not
    > > make HDDs with push-open slots like with CDs?

    > Thats has been done with ZIPs etc but you dont get anything like
    > the data density and reliability that you get with a 'sealed' enclosure.

    ZIPs are more like floppy in terms of the disc. In ZIPs/floppy, the
    disc is a soft dark-brown round magnetic film. In HDDs, the platters
    look like small CDs and are hard and reflect light like a mirror.

    So why not make HDDs where the platters can be in something like a CD-
    slot [except the slot is smaller for a magnetic platter as opposed to
    a CD]? A device like this would do wonders for those who are very
    particular about security and anonymity.

    With that I can expose the NSA/Central-Security-Service for the way
    they refuse to protect us American citizens from the evils of Islam.
    The NSA/Central-Security-Service befriend muslims and give them
    government secret they would never tell us Americans. So the NSA/
    Central-Security-Service deserve to be thoroughly humiliated for the
    traitors they are. The NSA/Central-Security-Service torture and abuse
    our soldiers while providing luxury to evil muslims in Iraq,
    Afghanistan, Pakistan -- and pretty much the rest of the world. This
    is why 9/11 happened. If the NSA/Central-Security-Service weren't the
    treasoning turds they are, then thousands of American lives would be
    saved and our troops would be treated like human beings.

    In one of the wars America has with the scumbag muslims, the NSA/
    Central-Security-Service blew up an American tank on purpose. The
    explosion severly burnt our troops. These troops were in excruciating
    pain. Rather then help them, the NSA/Central-Security-Service began
    shooting the already injured troops. The NSA/Central-Security-Service
    then told the American public the heinous lie "Our Soldiers Died By
    Friendly Fire"

    Its obvious, the NSA and Central-Security-Service are traitorous
    queers who love to suck muslim cock.

    GreenXenon, May 22, 2009
  4. GreenXenon

    Unruh Guest

    GreenXenon <> writes:

    >Hi:

    >Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in
    >stores?

    because the tolerances are such that the very very least amount of dust
    would destroy the platter and the read/write heads. That is how they fit
    a TB on a platter whose area is much smaller than a DVD ( which holds
    4GB). That is why a hard drive is sealed.

    >CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not make HDDs with push-
    >open slots like with CDs?

    >If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
    >platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want on
    >the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
    >Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
    >When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
    >pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme
    >heat. That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would be unable to
    >file defamation charges against me because I would have vaporized the
    >evidence. Then, I could simply by more platters and start over with a
    >clean slate.

    Go ahead. Nothing stops yo ufrom buying new disks. Put them into a usb
    caddy and do just what y ou said.

    Unruh, May 22, 2009
  5. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 22, 3:31 pm, "Ato_Zee" <> wrote:

    > Or if you are really paranoid use battery backed volatile
    > memory and pull the plug to destroy the contents.
    > Cutting the supply can be done with a reed switch
    > which opens when they burst open the door.
    > Works reliably every time.
    > It's a commonly used security technique.

    I would like a computer that uses the above. I want a PC that is free
    of non-volatile RAM. The only two memories should be mask-programmed
    ROM and capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM.

    I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free. I also
    need for the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my
    laptop to be in the form of capacitor-free dynamic RAM, so that they
    will be lost each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs,
    and MACs, when I turn it on again.

    Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
    programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they shouldbe
    in V-RAM.

    I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
    NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
    material no matter how much you try to erase.

    The OS and it's programs [such as word, excel, browser] should be
    stored in a mask-programmed ROM chip.

    Using this laptop I can humiliate the NSA/Central-Security-Service to
    my heart's content while keeping my chances of facing any negative
    consequences so close to zero, they might as well be zero.

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  6. GreenXenon

    Eric Gisin Guest

    Those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracy beliefs are generally suspicious and inquisitive, a new
    study suggests.

    http://sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/44046/title/The_inner_worlds_of_conspiracy_believers

    Eric Gisin, May 23, 2009
  7. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    Eric Gisin wrote:

    > Those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracy beliefs are generally
    > suspicious and inquisitive, a new study suggests.

    Its always been obvious that their problem is ear to ear dog shit.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  8. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 22, 8:04 pm, "Eric Gisin" <> wrote:

    > Those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracy beliefs are generally suspicious and inquisitive, a new
    > study suggests.

    I'm not one of them. I don't believe stupid myths such as the likes of
    "9/11 is an inside job"

    I know the NSA/Central-Security-Service didn't perpetrate 9/11,
    muslims did. However, the NSA/Central-Security-Service chose to
    support muslims and continues to.

    Also, in the Vietnam war, the NSA/Central-Security-Service poisoned
    our troops with Agent-Orange, depleted uranium, and a hallucination
    called "BZ".

    The NSA/Central-Security-Service use terrorist tactics against
    American citizens [such as logging our keystrokes via malware]. This
    makes the NSA/Central-Security-Service just as guilty as those
    pisslamic bastards.

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  9. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 22, 3:31 pm, "Ato_Zee" <> wrote in
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.computer.security/msg/ee897de1c338834b?hl=en
    :

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  10. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> GreenXenon wrote

    >>> Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in stores?

    >> Essentially because they work much better in 'sealed' enclosures.

    >>> CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not
    >>> make HDDs with push-open slots like with CDs?

    >> Thats has been done with ZIPs etc but you dont get anything like
    >> the data density and reliability that you get with a 'sealed' enclosure.

    > ZIPs are more like floppy in terms of the disc.

    Nope, not with what matters, bit density.

    Thats the reason that hard drives are 'sealed', you
    cant get TBs in the area if 3.5" platters any other way.

    > In ZIPs/floppy, the disc is a soft dark-brown round magnetic film. In HDDs,
    > the platters look like small CDs and are hard and reflect light like a mirror.

    And get vastly more bit density than CDs and DVDs.

    > So why not make HDDs where the platters can be in something like a CD-
    > slot [except the slot is smaller for a magnetic platter as opposed to a CD]?

    Because you wont get anything like the same bit density if its not 'sealed'

    > A device like this would do wonders for those who
    > are very particular about security and anonymity.

    They're always welcome to put the entire hard drive
    in a furnace if they are that mindlessly paranoid.

    That way they still get the current bit density and very low prices.

    TB hard drives are now so cheap that it makes absolutely no
    sense to have removable platters at a much lower bit density.

    > With that I can expose the NSA/Central-Security-Service for the way
    > they refuse to protect us American citizens from the evils of Islam.

    You can do that by putting the entire hard drive into a furnace.

    > The NSA/Central-Security-Service befriend muslims and give
    > them government secret they would never tell us Americans.

    It isnt the NSA/Central-Security-Service you should be worried
    about, its those nice men in the green van that will come running
    in with that funky canvas jacket with the extremely long sleeves.

    In spades when they find you melting down your hard
    drive because they have just broken your door down.

    > So the NSA/Central-Security-Service deserve to be thoroughly
    > humiliated for the traitors they are. The NSA/Central-Security-Service
    > torture and abuse our soldiers while providing luxury to evil muslims in
    > Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan -- and pretty much the rest of the world.

    I doubt Khalid 'Sheikh' Mohammed buys that line. Cant imagine why for the life of me.

    Might have something to do with the number of times he was waterboarded or sumfin.

    > This is why 9/11 happened. If the NSA/Central-Security-Service weren't
    > the treasoning turds they are, then thousands of American lives would be
    > saved and our troops would be treated like human beings.

    > In one of the wars America has with the scumbag muslims, the NSA/
    > Central-Security-Service blew up an American tank on purpose. The
    > explosion severly burnt our troops. These troops were in excruciating
    > pain. Rather then help them, the NSA/Central-Security-Service began
    > shooting the already injured troops. The NSA/Central-Security-Service
    > then told the American public the heinous lie "Our Soldiers Died By
    > Friendly Fire"

    Bugger, doesnt that mean that its curtains for you as
    soon as they read this expose of what they get up to ?

    Byeeeee...

    > Its obvious, the NSA and Central-Security-Service
    > are traitorous queers who love to suck muslim cock

    Just because you are into that sort of thing, doesnt mean that they are.

    Slick got Monica to suck his, didnt need the NSA etc.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  11. GreenXenon

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, GreenXenon <> wrote:
    >Hi:
    >
    >Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in
    >stores?
    >
    >CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not make HDDs with push-
    >open slots like with CDs?
    >
    >If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
    >platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want on
    >the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
    >Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.

    Nacy Pilosi, is that you???

    >Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to permanently
    >plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my PC because I whenever I
    >suspect something is wrong, I could simply pull out the platters,
    >vaporize them, and but new platters.

    Um, DVD-RAM much?????

    GMAN, May 23, 2009
  12. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    > Ato_Zee <> wrote

    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.computer.security/msg/ee897de1c338834b?hl=en

    >> Or if you are really paranoid use battery backed volatile
    >> memory and pull the plug to destroy the contents.
    >> Cutting the supply can be done with a reed switch
    >> which opens when they burst open the door.
    >> Works reliably every time.
    >> It's a commonly used security technique.

    > I would like a computer that uses the above.

    You can have one anytime. Just use a linux live CD system with no hard drive.

    > I want a PC that is free of non-volatile RAM. The only two memories should
    > be mask-programmed ROM and capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM.

    Thats harder to find but some old dinosaurs were like that.

    > I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free.

    > I also need for the MAC address, IP address, and any other
    > unique IDs of my laptop to be in the form of capacitor-free
    > dynamic RAM, so that they will be lost each time I turn my laptop
    > off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs, when I turn it on again.

    Wont save your bacon, they'll just keep track of the new ones.

    > Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored
    > in mask-programmed ROM, which cannot at all change.

    Thats just plain wrong.

    > In my laptop they should be in V-RAM.

    > I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't
    > need NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted
    > confidential material no matter how much you try to erase.

    Linux live CDs do that fine.

    > The OS and it's programs [such as word, excel, browser]
    > should be stored in a mask-programmed ROM chip.

    More practical to get it off a CD a boot time.

    > Using this laptop I can humiliate the NSA/Central-Security-Service to
    > my heart's content while keeping my chances of facing any negative
    > consequences so close to zero, they might as well be zero.

    Pure fantasy. They just keep track of what came from you
    system and it has to do that for you to 'humiliate' anyone.

    Doesnt 'humiliate' anyone if your shit never gets outside your laptop.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  13. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote:
    > On May 22, 8:04 pm, "Eric Gisin" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracy beliefs are generally
    >> suspicious and inquisitive, a new study suggests.

    > I'm not one of them. I don't believe stupid myths such as the likes of
    > "9/11 is an inside job"
    >
    > I know the NSA/Central-Security-Service didn't perpetrate 9/11,
    > muslims did. However, the NSA/Central-Security-Service chose to
    > support muslims and continues to.
    >
    > Also, in the Vietnam war, the NSA/Central-Security-Service poisoned
    > our troops with Agent-Orange, depleted uranium, and a hallucination
    > called "BZ".
    >
    > The NSA/Central-Security-Service use terrorist tactics against
    > American citizens [such as logging our keystrokes via malware]. This
    > makes the NSA/Central-Security-Service just as guilty as those
    > pisslamic bastards.

    Then you should do the decent thing and set fire to yourself in 'protest'.

    That'll teach em.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  14. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 22, 8:40 pm, "Rod Speed" <> wrote:

    > GreenXenon wrote

    > > Ato_Zee <> wrote
    > >http://groups.google.com/group/alt.computer.security/msg/ee897de1c338...

    > >> Or if you are really paranoid use battery backed volatile
    > >> memory and pull the plug to destroy the contents.
    > >> Cutting the supply can be done with a reed switch
    > >> which opens when they burst open the door.
    > >> Works reliably every time.
    > >> It's a commonly used security technique.

    > > I would like a computer that uses the above.

    > You can have one anytime. Just use a linux live CD system with no hard drive.

    Ok

    > > I want a PC that is free of non-volatile RAM. The only two memories should
    > > be mask-programmed ROM and capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM.

    > Thats harder to find but some old dinosaurs were like that.

    Isn't twin-transistor RAM a type of capacitor-free dynamic volatile
    RAM?

    > > I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free.
    > > I also need for the MAC address, IP address, and any other
    > > unique IDs of my laptop to be in the form of capacitor-free
    > > dynamic RAM, so that they will be lost each time I turn my laptop
    > > off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs, when I turn it on again.

    > Wont save your bacon, they'll just keep track of the new ones.

    What good will it do them to keep track of the new ones? The new IDs
    will keep getting useless to them each time I turn off my laptop.

    > > Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored
    > > in mask-programmed ROM, which cannot at all change.

    > Thats just plain wrong.

    How so?

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  15. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> GreenXenon wrote
    >>> Ato_Zee <> wrote

    >>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.computer.security/msg/ee897de1c338...

    >>> I would like a computer that uses the above.

    >> You can have one anytime. Just use a linux live CD system with no hard drive.

    > Ok

    >>> I want a PC that is free of non-volatile RAM. The only two memories should
    >>> be mask-programmed ROM and capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM.

    >> Thats harder to find but some old dinosaurs were like that.

    > Isn't twin-transistor RAM a type of capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM?

    That was a comment about the masked programmed ROM.

    >>> I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free.
    >>> I also need for the MAC address, IP address, and any other
    >>> unique IDs of my laptop to be in the form of capacitor-free
    >>> dynamic RAM, so that they will be lost each time I turn my laptop
    >>> off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs, when I turn it on again.

    >> Wont save your bacon, they'll just keep track of the new ones.

    > What good will it do them to keep track of the new ones?

    They know its you.

    > The new IDs will keep getting useless to them each time I turn off my laptop.

    Not when they keep track of the new ones every time your turn it on again.

    >>> Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored
    >>> in mask-programmed ROM, which cannot at all change.

    >> Thats just plain wrong.

    > How so?

    It isnt feasible to do the MAC addresses and other unique IDs in masked
    programmed ROM because you would need a new mask for every new item.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  16. GreenXenon

    sandy58 Guest

    On May 22, 8:12 pm, GreenXenon <> wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in
    > stores?
    >
    > CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not make HDDs with push-
    > open slots like with CDs?
    >
    > If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
    > platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want on
    > the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
    > Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
    > When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
    > pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme
    > heat. That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would be unable to
    > file defamation charges against me because I would have vaporized the
    > evidence. Then, I could simply by more platters and start over with a
    > clean slate.
    >
    > Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to permanently
    > plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my PC because I whenever I
    > suspect something is wrong, I could simply pull out the platters,
    > vaporize them, and but new platters.
    >
    > Why don't computer companies make HDDs that can easily open/close the
    > platter slots with a button [so that I don't have to keep unscrewing]?
    >
    > Also, why don't they sell platters without the HDD [so that I don't
    > have to keep buying new HDDs]?
    >
    > Thanks

    Were you BORN a complete fuckwit.....or did you work hard to get
    there???
    Arsehole.

    sandy58, May 23, 2009
  17. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 22, 11:22 pm, "Rod Speed" <> wrote:

    > GreenXenon wrote

    > > Rod Speed <> wrote

    > >> GreenXenon wrote

    > >> Wont save your bacon, they'll just keep track of the new ones.

    > > What good will it do them to keep track of the new ones?

    > They know its you.

    How do they know?

    > > The new IDs will keep getting useless to them each time I turn off my laptop.

    > Not when they keep track of the new ones every time your turn it on again.

    They can keep track of the MAC addresses, but how do they know the
    source of them if I can simply produce random new MAC addresses [and
    get rid of the old ones] -- which is what I was thinking of doing?

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  18. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 23, 11:11 am, (Moe Trin)
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 May 2009, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
    > <>,
    >
    > GreenXenon wrote:

    > >I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free

    > You're posting from a search engine - why not use it for it's intended
    > purpose and look for 'Telecran' - they've been available world wide
    > since the 1950s.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=telecran&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g8

    Absolutely irrelevant.

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  19. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On May 23, 11:21 am, GreenXenon <> wrote:
    > On May 23, 11:11 am, (Moe Trin)
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 22 May 2009, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
    > > <>,

    > > GreenXenon wrote:
    > > >I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free

    > > You're posting from a search engine - why not use it for it's intended
    > > purpose and look for 'Telecran' - they've been available world wide
    > > since the 1950s.

    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=telecran&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g8
    >
    > Absolutely irrelevant.

    Oh, its an etch-a-sketch. Sorry. I thought it was something electronic.

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  20. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> GreenXenon wrote
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> What good will it do them to keep track of the new ones?

    >> They know its you.

    > How do they know?

    By checking where that traffic comes from.

    >>> The new IDs will keep getting useless to them each time I turn off my laptop.

    >> Not when they keep track of the new ones every time your turn it on again.

    > They can keep track of the MAC addresses, but how do they know the
    > source of them if I can simply produce random new MAC addresses
    > [and get rid of the old ones] -- which is what I was thinking of doing?

    By checking where that traffic comes from.

    They can do it by content analysis too.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009