    buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
    "Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
    keys too. Mary

    Way Back Jack, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Way Back Jack

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:00:32 GMT, Way Back Jack wrote:

    >either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
    >
    >MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
    >forehead is for.

    MS mice software / help etc on the CD supplied or download and install
    the drivers have the help as well.

    Dual function, wheel scrolls and pressing allows a third user
    programmable function.

    >BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
    >off/on. Afraid to touch the others.

    Model? D/L the manual from the manufacturer.
    The usual sort of things are brightness, menu , select , exit and auto.

    >MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?

    Which model?

    The traditional function keys F1-F12 are used by different apps , for
    example F1 opens MS Help. Newer keyboards replaced the Fnumber label on
    top of the keys by internet . multimedia functions. If you want the
    original Fnumber function press FLock, there should be a LED that shows
    if the Flock is on or off.

    When on the F1-F12 is active, when off the newer functions on the key
    tops are active.

    >There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"

    The A is CAPS LOCK?

    >inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are

    FLock see above.

    The 1 is number lock for the keypad on the right side of the keyboard
    and the arrow is the odd one, not used much it's scroll lock.

    >buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
    >"Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other

    Remember you didn't give the model / type of monitor or keyboard.

    >keys too. Mary

    Using www.google.com and searching for

    microsoft keyboard help

    gives , list of shortcuts,
    http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/keyboard.aspx

    Not knowing what mouse you have, this is for reference only
    don't d/l the driver just read the overview.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...63-2f8a-4339-9542-18f90b69128d&displaylang=en

    For information about MS hardware, keyboard and mice.
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/default.mspx
    have a look for the keyboard you have.

    I see you asked about the keyboard zoom
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=030
    on that page -

    Zoom Slider
    The Microsoft zoom slider makes it easy to take a closer look at
    pictures, documents, and Web pages—without taking your hand off the
    keyboard. To zoom in and out, just slide the lever on your keyboard.
    » Learn more about the zoom slider.
    » Programs that are compatible with Microsoft zoom slider (.pdf).
    » Programs that are not compatible with Microsoft zoom slider (.pdf).

    Read the rest.

    This page
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
    has 'get documentation' links.

    Me

    why?, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Way Back Jack

    Scraggy Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:00:32 GMT, Way Back Jack wrote:
    >
    >> either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?

    Headers? YHBT?
    --
    I told his psychiatrist that everyone hates him. He said I was being
    ridiculous - everyone hasn't met him yet. Rodney Dangerfield

    Scraggy, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Way Back Jack

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:45:10 -0000, Scraggy wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:00:32 GMT, Way Back Jack wrote:
    >>
    >>> either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?

    >Headers? YHBT?

    Most likely, that's what I thought, without checking headers it just
    read as a troll.

    Sometimes I can't be bothered to check.

    Me

    why?, Feb 22, 2005
  5. Way Back Jack

    Fred Guest

    "Way Back Jack" <> wrote in message
    > either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
    >
    > MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
    > forehead is for.
    >
    > BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
    > off/on. Afraid to touch the others.
    >
    > MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?
    > There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"
    > inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are
    > buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
    > "Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
    > keys too. Mary

    They do. All the answers are there somewhere. Have a look under 'help'
    section in the various programs. Have a look at help and support if
    available. Open mouse from control panel and look at the features. Same with
    keyboard. The more you poke about - the more you will learn.

    Fred, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Fred wrote:

    > "Way Back Jack" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
    >>
    >>MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
    >>forehead is for.
    >>
    >>BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
    >>off/on. Afraid to touch the others.
    >>
    >>MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?
    >>There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"
    >>inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are
    >>buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
    >>"Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
    >>keys too. Mary

    > They do. All the answers are there somewhere. Have a look under 'help'
    > section in the various programs. Have a look at help and support if
    > available. Open mouse from control panel and look at the features. Same with
    > keyboard. The more you poke about - the more you will learn.

    "The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
    Is that "doin' a neville" ?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 22, 2005
  7. Way Back Jack

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    | Fred wrote:
    |
    | > "Way Back Jack" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | >>either online or in pamphlet-form for the hardware you buy?
    | >>
    | >>MOUSE: I still don't know what that little wheel in the center of his
    | >>forehead is for.
    | >>
    | >>BENQ MONITOR: Of the 6 buttons in front, the only one I know is
    | >>off/on. Afraid to touch the others.
    | >>
    | >>MICROSOFT KEYBOARD: What is "F Lock?" What is the "Zoom" switch for?
    | >>There are 4 bulbs, under each of which is an "A" inside a box, an "F"
    | >>inside a box, a downpointing arrow, and a "1" inside a box. There are
    | >>buttons for sound, and the "u" key and "i" key say "Underln" and
    | >>"Italic" respectively. Other words are written on some of the other
    | >>keys too. Mary
    | >

    | > They do. All the answers are there somewhere. Have a look under 'help'
    | > section in the various programs. Have a look at help and support if
    | > available. Open mouse from control panel and look at the features. Same
    with
    | > keyboard. The more you poke about - the more you will learn.
    | >

    | "The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
    | Is that "doin' a neville" ?

    Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power outlet...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 23, 2005
  8. On 22 Feb 2005, Toolman Tim scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    snip

    >| "The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
    >| Is that "doin' a neville" ?
    >
    > Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power
    > outlet...

    Hey, I did that once. Of course, I was only two years old at the time,
    but it left a lasting impression on me.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 23, 2005
  9. Way Back Jack

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    | On 22 Feb 2005, Toolman Tim scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    |

    | > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    | snip

    | >|
    | >| "The more you poke about - the more you will learn"
    | >| Is that "doin' a neville" ?
    | >
    | > Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power
    | > outlet...
    | >

    | Hey, I did that once. Of course, I was only two years old at the time,
    | but it left a lasting impression on me.

    I imagine <g>

    But the problem with n-boy is he keeps going back for more ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 23, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    >| On 22 Feb 2005, Toolman Tim scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >|

    >| > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >| snip
    >|
    >| >|

    >| > Nope - 'doin' a neville' is more like sticking a fork in a power
    >| > outlet...
    >| >

    >| Hey, I did that once. Of course, I was only two years old at the time,
    >| but it left a lasting impression on me.
    >|
    > I imagine <g>

    > But the problem with n-boy is he keeps going back for more ;o)

    We can only hope he runs out of Usenet forks. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  11. On 24 Feb 2005, Blinky the Shark scribbled in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    >>| On 22 Feb 2005, Toolman Tim scribbled in
    >>| 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>| snip
    >>|
    >>| >|

    >>| Hey, I did that once. Of course, I was only two years old at the
    >>| time, but it left a lasting impression on me.
    >>|
    >> I imagine <g>

    >> But the problem with n-boy is he keeps going back for more ;o)

    > We can only hope he runs out of Usenet forks. :)

    Or hope he just keeps the fork in the socket longer...

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 25, 2005