why don't they air the first episode of NCIS?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Nov 3, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    Of all the reruns of NCIS shown on the USA network, I have as yet to see
    season 1 episode 1, Yankee White.
    So I went to walmart today and bought a copy of the disc.
    I'm just so sick and tired of them airing just certain episodes over and
    over again. As well as in no particular order. Like seeing agent Todd alive
    in one episode, dead the next, and alive in the next.

    After seeing the first episode, all I can say is, what a farce.
    A navy officer dies on air force one, who is carrying the "football" that
    always goes with the President. It struck me odd that no one gave a shit
    about all the secrets in that little bag.

    Towards the end, agent Gibbs gets on air force one and starts remarking how
    closely it resembled the movie version starring Harrison Ford. Well duhh
    dude, like maybe it was the same one? The subplot shows an old fashioned
    shoot out between bad guy and Gibbs. Hollywood always says the bad guy
    can't hit the good guy so he misses his target while shooting an automatic
    weapon? But with one shot, Gibbs hits his target dead center? Oh please.
    Give me a break. That is so cliche' of Hollywood it's pathetic.

    While I was there, I noted how many new tv shows already had season 1 discs
    out. So I guess the thing about keeping the shows off the dvd market for a
    few years has been scuttled in favor of making more money.
    richard, Nov 3, 2010

  2. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 11/3/2010 4:38 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Of all the reruns of NCIS shown on the USA network, I have as yet to see
    > season 1 episode 1, Yankee White.
    > So I went to walmart today and bought a copy of the disc.
    > I'm just so sick and tired of them airing just certain episodes over and
    > over again. As well as in no particular order. Like seeing agent Todd alive
    > in one episode, dead the next, and alive in the next.
    >
    > After seeing the first episode, all I can say is, what a farce.
    > A navy officer dies on air force one, who is carrying the "football" that
    > always goes with the President. It struck me odd that no one gave a shit
    > about all the secrets in that little bag.
    >
    > Towards the end, agent Gibbs gets on air force one and starts remarking how
    > closely it resembled the movie version starring Harrison Ford. Well duhh
    > dude, like maybe it was the same one? The subplot shows an old fashioned
    > shoot out between bad guy and Gibbs. Hollywood always says the bad guy
    > can't hit the good guy so he misses his target while shooting an automatic
    > weapon? But with one shot, Gibbs hits his target dead center? Oh please.
    > Give me a break. That is so cliche' of Hollywood it's pathetic.
    >
    > While I was there, I noted how many new tv shows already had season 1 discs
    > out. So I guess the thing about keeping the shows off the dvd market for a
    > few years has been scuttled in favor of making more money.

    Sounds like good sales strategy to me, and it seems to work.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Nov 3, 2010

  3. richard

    Peter Foldes Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > Of all the reruns of NCIS shown on the USA network, I have as yet to see
    > season 1 episode 1, Yankee White.
    > So I went to walmart today and bought a copy of the disc.
    > I'm just so sick and tired of them airing just certain episodes over and
    > over again. As well as in no particular order. Like seeing agent Todd alive
    > in one episode, dead the next, and alive in the next.
    >
    > After seeing the first episode, all I can say is, what a farce.
    > A navy officer dies on air force one, who is carrying the "football" that
    > always goes with the President. It struck me odd that no one gave a shit
    > about all the secrets in that little bag.
    >
    > Towards the end, agent Gibbs gets on air force one and starts remarking how
    > closely it resembled the movie version starring Harrison Ford. Well duhh
    > dude, like maybe it was the same one? The subplot shows an old fashioned
    > shoot out between bad guy and Gibbs. Hollywood always says the bad guy
    > can't hit the good guy so he misses his target while shooting an automatic
    > weapon? But with one shot, Gibbs hits his target dead center? Oh please.
    > Give me a break. That is so cliche' of Hollywood it's pathetic.
    >
    > While I was there, I noted how many new tv shows already had season 1 discs
    > out. So I guess the thing about keeping the shows off the dvd market for a
    > few years has been scuttled in favor of making more money.

    Congratulations. You discovered America

    --
    Peter
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    Peter Foldes, Nov 3, 2010
  4. richard wrote:

    > Of all the reruns of NCIS shown on the USA network, I have as yet to
    > see season 1 episode 1, Yankee White.

    This episode aired earlier this week, Monday I think. Were you busy
    finding a new motel?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 3, 2010
  5. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:171jtif94jv8s$ richard <>
    wrote:

    > After seeing the first episode, all I can say is, what a farce.
    > A navy officer dies on air force one, who is carrying the "football"
    > that always goes with the President.

    If that's the first episode, it's been on USA Network (which is
    practically the "NCIS Channel" most days) numerous times.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Nov 3, 2010
  6. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >After seeing the first episode, all I can say is, what a farce.

    Are you saying that this isn't a documentary?

    Mike "I am shocked, shocked" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Nov 3, 2010
  7. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:33:08 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >
    >> Of all the reruns of NCIS shown on the USA network, I have as yet to
    >> see season 1 episode 1, Yankee White.

    > This episode aired earlier this week, Monday I think. Were you busy
    > finding a new motel?

    Actually, I was busy most of that day so I didn't see any tv until later.
    Nice thing about having the discs, no commercials and unedited.
    Plus a lot of stuff about the show you don't get from tv.
    richard, Nov 4, 2010
  8. richard

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > Of all the reruns of NCIS shown on the USA network, I have as yet to see
    > season 1 episode 1, Yankee White.

    Its certainly been aired more than once in the UK.

    <snip>

    > Towards the end, agent Gibbs gets on air force one and starts remarking
    > how
    > closely it resembled the movie version starring Harrison Ford. Well duhh
    > dude, like maybe it was the same one? The subplot shows an old fashioned
    > shoot out between bad guy and Gibbs. Hollywood always says the bad guy
    > can't hit the good guy so he misses his target while shooting an automatic
    > weapon? But with one shot, Gibbs hits his target dead center? Oh please.
    > Give me a break. That is so cliche' of Hollywood it's pathetic.

    Yes its cliche Hollywood, but remember that Gibbs used to be a sniper so
    you'd expect him to be a good shot.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian