Why doesn't Skype work for me or my friends today?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by SJP, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. SJP

    SJP Guest

    "Sharon Ciccio" <> wrote in message
    news:IQcxi.1897$...
    > Anyone know what's with Skype? Is yours working?
    > Neither I nor my friends can log into Skype or SkypeOut or SkypeUSA today.
    > Can you

    Because you are posting from the future?
    SJP, Aug 17, 2007

  2. SJP

    Al Guest

    "Working On It"

    Sharon Ciccio wrote:
    > Anyone know what's with Skype? Is yours working?
    > Neither I nor my friends can log into Skype or SkypeOut or SkypeUSA today.
    > Can you?

    Skype is aware of, and working on, the problem. You should simply check
    their forum. > http://forum.skype.com/
    Al, Aug 17, 2007

  3. SJP

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sharon Ciccio wrote:
    > Anyone know what's with Skype? Is yours working?
    > Neither I nor my friends can log into Skype or SkypeOut or SkypeUSA
    > today. Can you?

    The bloggers are going nuts about the skype login problems. Here's the
    skype site's note http://www.skype.com/ Here's the latest on the
    sign-on problem. We're on the road to recovery. Skype is stabilizing,
    but this process may continue throughout the day. <snip>

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 17, 2007
  4. SJP

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:17:50 +0300

    Voluntary courtesy clock police report.

    Your news provider stamped your message Aug 17 08:18 UTC, which seems
    reasonable, but your computer stamped your message Aug 17 22:18 UTC
    which is currently quite a number of hours in the future which is
    definitely unreasonable.

    That is, it is apparent that you have your computer's clock set using
    the wrong timezone offset from UTC. Most people would prefer to correct
    their computer's clock's time to the correct timezone offset.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 17, 2007
  5. Sharon Ciccio wrote:
    > Anyone know what's with Skype? Is yours working?
    > Neither I nor my friends can log into Skype or SkypeOut or SkypeUSA today.
    > Can you?

    The other night they did a software update and the system has had
    problems since. Log onto their web site and read about it.

    --
    The Only Good Spammer is a Dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
    (c) 2007 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot In Hell Co.
    Steven Lichter, Aug 17, 2007
  6. Anyone know what's with Skype? Is yours working?
    Sharon Ciccio, Aug 17, 2007