    that game? It's not so I'll view the ads because it says there are no
    ads packed in the game. Are they in the habit of adding more than
    just the game itself to a download? :eek:

    Edw. Peach, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Edw. Peach

    Vaxius Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:56:07 -0500, Edw.Peach wrote:

    > I'm not an online gamer but had a little time to burn so I went to a
    > Yahoo game site and played a game from the web. After finishing the
    > game, I get an onscreen invitation to download an enhanced version of
    > the game, with many more options.
    >
    > I'm skeptica of a free lunchl. WHY does Yahoo want me to download
    > that game? It's not so I'll view the ads because it says there are no
    > ads packed in the game. Are they in the habit of adding more than
    > just the game itself to a download? :eek:

    It might contain some spyware, check it out first.

    Vaxius, Feb 4, 2006

  3. "Edw. Peach" <> wrote in message
    > I'm not an online gamer but had a little time to burn so I went to a
    > Yahoo game site and played a game from the web. After finishing the
    > game, I get an onscreen invitation to download an enhanced version of
    > the game, with many more options.
    >
    > I'm skeptica of a free lunchl. WHY does Yahoo want me to download
    > that game? It's not so I'll view the ads because it says there are no
    > ads packed in the game. Are they in the habit of adding more than
    > just the game itself to a download? :eek:

    They want you to get addicted to the game so that you will eventually
    purchase the full version. I don't know what it's like now, but they used
    to make it so that the game would take longer to load every time you played
    it. Or they limited the number of free plays. I haven't found many games to
    be worth playing beyond their free trial capabilities.

    Toni

    Toni from T.O., Feb 5, 2006