    I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
    making it call. This has never happened before.

    Ada

    A.D.A., May 31, 2004

  2. A.D.A.

    Mimic Guest

    "A.D.A." <> wrote in message
    news:93Cuc.632265$Ig.53496@pd7tw2no...
    > Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
    > This last hour I've denied access thrice.
    > Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1

    Port
    > 1364) once, and
    > 233.255.255.250 twice.
    > I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what

    is
    > making it call. This has never happened before.
    >
    > Ada

    127.0.0.1 is localhost, your machine.
    Windows has a strange way of having to loop round and connect to itself
    Its wont cause you any problems, its todo with something it displays I
    forget what
    , i think it might be the search function.

    --
    Mimic

    Social Engineering - Because theres no patch for human stupidity.
    ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )

    Mimic, May 31, 2004

  3. A.D.A.

    Louise Guest

    In article <93Cuc.632265$Ig.53496@pd7tw2no>,
    says...
    > Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
    > This last hour I've denied access thrice.
    > Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port
    > 1364) once, and
    > 233.255.255.250 twice.
    > I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
    > making it call. This has never happened before.
    >
    > Ada

    If you're not using wireless, check to make sure it's on manual; if not,
    it's running all the time

    Also consider the following link - look at all the posts:
    http://www.michaelbraly.com/archives/000153.html

    Also check indexing and search companion
    http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-20.html

    Louise

    Louise, Jun 2, 2004