Why does Thunderbird ask me for unneeded password?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Johann Fu, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. Johann Fu

    Johann Fu Guest

    I have used Thunderbird for a long time and have been happy with it. It
    never asked me for a password. But a few days ago, when I opened
    Thunderbird, it asked me for my password:

    "Enter your passwrod for jfu on pop-server.tampabay.rr.com:"

    I enter my password. Thunderbird then tells me that:

    "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop-server.tampabay.rr.com
    responded: Authentication failed"

    I know I entered the correct password because I called the ISP and they
    confirmed that I have the correct password.

    After a few more times of entering the password and getting the same error
    message, I hit Cancel. Then Thunderbird picks up the incoming mail!

    Can someone explain to me what is happening? I would rather not bother with
    entering the password. Many thanks!

    Johann Fu, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Johann Fu

    Guest

    On Jan 24, 7:26 am, "Johann Fu" <> wrote:
    > I have used Thunderbird for a long time and have been happy with it. It
    > never asked me for a password. But a few days ago, when I opened
    > Thunderbird, it asked me for my password:
    >
    > "Enter your passwrod for jfu on pop-server.tampabay.rr.com:"
    >
    > I enter my password. Thunderbird then tells me that:
    >
    > "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop-server.tampabay.rr.com
    > responded: Authentication failed"
    >
    > I know I entered the correct password because I called the ISP and they
    > confirmed that I have the correct password.
    >
    > After a few more times of entering the password and getting the same error
    > message, I hit Cancel. Then Thunderbird picks up the incoming mail!
    >
    > Can someone explain to me what is happening? I would rather not bother with
    > entering the password. Many thanks!

    its a known problem

    , Jan 24, 2007

  3. Johann Fu

    Johann Fu Guest

    Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks!

    Johann Fu, Jan 25, 2007
  4. Johann Fu

    Guest

    On Jan 25, 8:51 am, "Johann Fu" <> wrote:
    > Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks!

    if I said its a known problem, then you can't fix it.

    , Jan 25, 2007
  5. Johann Fu