    internet for a few seconds (5 to 10 seconds) and then it's ok again. We put
    2 filters on the phone line but still we get that problem. Does anyone know
    why this is happening?

    Lisa Brea, Jul 26, 2003

  2. "Lisa Brea" <> wrote
    > Everytime the phone rings in our house we lose our connection to the
    > internet for a few seconds (5 to 10 seconds) and then it's ok again. We

    put
    > 2 filters on the phone line but still we get that problem. Does anyone

    know
    > why this is happening?

    I assume you have ADSL for Internet. What I would do is put a single filter
    in the telephone box and then run a dedicated line to the room where the
    computer and ADSL modem is. An added bonus is you don't need to put filters
    on each and every phone this way.

    Probably not the answer you wanted to hear =P Maybe your phone company will
    do it for free if you don't know how.

    Graham

    Experienced but Undocumented, Jul 26, 2003