Why does Realplayer not work with Vista?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by donzdorf, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. donzdorf

    donzdorf Guest

    Please only reply if you know what your are talking about. I don't want to
    hear how bad real player is or what I should use instead. I NEED REAL PLAYER
    to work with VISTA.

    I have a brand new laptop with VISTA operating system. I need real player to
    listen to internet radio with my vista laptop for most stations. Real Player
    is what the stations demand. Everytime I download the latest realplayer and
    try to install it gives some kind of unpacking error. I am downloading from
    different sites. I also noticed that real player did not come installed on
    the laptop. Plenty of other crap that I don't need did, but not real player.
    The question I have:

    1. Does anyone have real player working with vista? any version

    2. Am I the only one with this problem?

    3. What has 10 legs, 3 eyes, and one tail? Hint, Asatru

    donzdorf, Aug 27, 2007

  2. donzdorf

    ded Guest

    ded, Aug 27, 2007

  3. donzdorf

    lee houston Guest

    donzdorf wrote:
    > Please only reply if you know what your are talking about. I don't
    > want to hear how bad real player is or what I should use instead. I
    > NEED REAL PLAYER to work with VISTA.

    How about Real Alternative?

    http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/realalt.htm

    lee houston, Aug 28, 2007
  4. donzdorf

    who'sthat Guest

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:41:36 -0400, "donzdorf"
    <> wrote:

    >Please only reply if you know what your are talking about. I don't want to
    >hear how bad real player is or what I should use instead. I NEED REAL PLAYER
    >to work with VISTA.
    >
    >I have a brand new laptop with VISTA operating system. I need real player to
    >listen to internet radio with my vista laptop for most stations. Real Player
    >is what the stations demand. Everytime I download the latest realplayer and
    >try to install it gives some kind of unpacking error. I am downloading from
    >different sites. I also noticed that real player did not come installed on
    >the laptop. Plenty of other crap that I don't need did, but not real player.
    >The question I have:
    >
    >1. Does anyone have real player working with vista? any version
    >
    >2. Am I the only one with this problem?
    >
    >3. What has 10 legs, 3 eyes, and one tail? Hint, Asatru

    What did Real say? Wouldn't it make sense to ask them 1st?

    who'sthat, Aug 28, 2007
  5. donzdorf

    Gil J Guest

    "donzdorf" <> wrote in message
    > Please only reply if you know what your are talking about. I don't want to
    > hear how bad real player is or what I should use instead. I NEED REAL
    > PLAYER to work with VISTA.
    >
    > I have a brand new laptop with VISTA operating system. I need real player
    > to listen to internet radio with my vista laptop for most stations. Real
    > Player is what the stations demand. Everytime I download the latest
    > realplayer and try to install it gives some kind of unpacking error. I am
    > downloading from different sites. I also noticed that real player did not
    > come installed on the laptop. Plenty of other crap that I don't need did,
    > but not real player. The question I have:
    >
    > 1. Does anyone have real player working with vista? any version
    >
    > 2. Am I the only one with this problem?
    >
    > 3. What has 10 legs, 3 eyes, and one tail? Hint, Asatru

    You may find something that will work Here.

    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=real

    http://www.oldversion.com/

    Gil J, Aug 28, 2007
  6. donzdorf

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:41:36 -0400, donzdorf wrote:

    >Please only reply if you know what your are talking about. I don't want to
    >hear how bad real player is or what I should use instead. I NEED REAL PLAYER
    >to work with VISTA.

    RP version ?
    Vista version(if it matters)?

    >I have a brand new laptop with VISTA operating system. I need real player to
    >listen to internet radio with my vista laptop for most stations. Real Player
    >is what the stations demand. Everytime I download the latest realplayer and

    Try another browser.

    >try to install it gives some kind of unpacking error. I am downloading from

    Download it on another system and copy the file over via usb/cd etc.

    This will get around possible d/l issues on your system.

    IIRC real player was 1 of those, d/l the installer then d/l what's
    needed. You could try http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=real
    and see if 1 of those is the full package.

    >different sites. I also noticed that real player did not come installed on
    >the laptop. Plenty of other crap that I don't need did, but not real player.

    Why would it?

    >The question I have:
    >
    >1. Does anyone have real player working with vista? any version

    Vista disk unplugged sorry. I think I added it once.

    Try the
    http://service.real.com/realplayer/
    ? Find Answers
    ? Real Community Forums

    Most likely lots of other RP users in the latter.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Aug 28, 2007