    That Is The Case Then Why Does My NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Device Driver
    Come True As An Automatic Update In X64 Vista Service Pack 2?
    , Sep 16, 2009

  2. David B. Guest

    Re: Why Does My NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Device Driver Come True As An Auto Update In X64 Vista SP2?

    Because Windows update will feed you drivers, the advise you read was
    correct, do not use WU drivers if possible, the the mfg drivers.

    --

    ------
    David B., Sep 16, 2009

  3. Carlos Guest

    RE: Why Does My NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Device Driver Come True As An Auto

    Kevin,
    Windows Update will always offer you drivers for most of your hardware.
    Use them only as a last resource if you can't get drivers from your piece of
    hardware manufacturer or you don't know how to find them by yourself.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 16, 2009
  4. Re: Why Does My NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Device Driver Come True As AnAuto Update In X64 Vista SP2?

    And if you see how many people are having problems getting hardware
    drivers, other than printers, being installed via Windows Update you
    will note their success rate is abominably low. For some unknown reason
    people are not being encouraged to go to the vendors website for the
    latest Windows 7 drivers. I've seen lots of anger because people are
    now under the impression that Microsoft writes ALL hardware drivers!

    However, for printers the advice is good. For what ever reason a
    significant number of vendors are not posting Window 7 print drivers on
    their websites, but providing them to Microsoft. When people go to
    install a printer the default listing is very small and the only way to
    get the full list is to let Windows Update in the Add a Printer windows
    download the list and then select your printer.

    Bobby Johnson, Sep 16, 2009