    Firstly I get a message telling me Vsmon has shut down.

    Then my IE browser hangs until I force a ZoneAlarm closedown.

    Is this normal?
    paora, Jun 16, 2005

  2. "paora" <> wrote in message
    news:1118918838.db3c22557e579211bff1a0472e792580@teranews...

    > Very often when I visit TradeMe my firewall goes bung,
    >
    > Using ZoneAlarm and WinME on a dialup modem connection.
    >
    > Firstly I get a message telling me Vsmon has shut down.
    >
    > Then my IE browser hangs until I force a ZoneAlarm closedown.
    >
    > Is this normal?

    No, it's not normal... Perhaps reinstall the software with a newer version
    (if not using the latest one?)

    Is WinME updated to the latest patches available?

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    Mauricio Freitas, Jun 16, 2005

  3. paora

    Tony Guest

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:47:12 GMT, (paora) wrote:

    >Very often when I visit TradeMe my firewall goes bung,
    >
    >Using ZoneAlarm and WinME on a dialup modem connection.
    >
    >Firstly I get a message telling me Vsmon has shut down.
    >
    >Then my IE browser hangs until I force a ZoneAlarm closedown.
    >
    >Is this normal?

    Yes ZoneAlarm is Crap, I stopped using it many many years ago..

    Get Outpost of Kerio..
    Tony, Jun 16, 2005
  4. paora

    ardz Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:47:12 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >

    > >Very often when I visit TradeMe my firewall goes bung,
    > >
    > >Using ZoneAlarm and WinME on a dialup modem connection.
    > >
    > >Firstly I get a message telling me Vsmon has shut down.
    > >
    > >Then my IE browser hangs until I force a ZoneAlarm closedown.
    > >
    > >Is this normal?

    > Yes ZoneAlarm is Crap, I stopped using it many many years ago..
    >
    > Get Outpost of Kerio..

    Ive used zonealarm free through the years and have never had any
    compatibility problems with all the OSs i have used. Im currently on XP on
    both PCs.
    ardz, Jun 16, 2005
  5. paora

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "ardz" <> wrote in

    > "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:47:12 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >>

    >> >Very often when I visit TradeMe my firewall goes bung,
    >> >
    >> >Using ZoneAlarm and WinME on a dialup modem connection.
    >> >
    >> >Firstly I get a message telling me Vsmon has shut down.
    >> >
    >> >Then my IE browser hangs until I force a ZoneAlarm closedown.
    >> >
    >> >Is this normal?

    >> Yes ZoneAlarm is Crap, I stopped using it many many years ago..
    >>
    >> Get Outpost of Kerio..
    >>

    > Ive used zonealarm free through the years and have never had any
    > compatibility problems with all the OSs i have used. Im currently on
    > XP on both PCs.

    I have had issues with ZA. Besides, ever since they went bloated at
    version 3, Sygate has been my choice. Zone alarm had documented problems
    like not actually stopping when you tell it to and breaking applications
    until it is completely and cleanly removed. (not easy sometimes) I am sure
    that all firewalls have these kinds of problems but for someone who does
    not need the learning mode of ZA, I would never recommend ZA to anyone. I
    only recommend ZA to someone who has never ever used a firewall and does
    not know what a port is. ZA has just gone downhill in the past 2 years and
    its most recent version in the past couple of weeks has some real
    documented problems. I run away from ZA every chance I get, but sometimes
    you have no choice.
    So I am agreeing with Woger.

    --
    Ciao, Dave