    Any idea???
    --
    msw

    Wakey, Dec 23, 2007

  2. First, this forum is for 64-bit specific issues. I suspect this is just an
    ordinary Windows Vista issue. But, beyond that, Vista has many ways to shut
    down, and you don't specify what you've actually done. But I'm guessing
    you're clicking on what looks like it's a power button on the Start menu.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't link to actual shutdown, but to sleep. There's a
    little sideways arrow button to the right of that button. When you click
    that, you get a choice things, including shutdown. Using that shutdown will
    cause a full shutdown.

    You may also want to change the behaviour of the power button on your
    computer. See the power options in the control panel for what happens when
    you press the power button.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64