    --
    Albert Wiersch
    http://www.htmlvalidator.com/
    Albert Wiersch, May 11, 2004

  2. Albert Wiersch

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Albert Wiersch wrote:
    > I was thinking of switching to Mozilla, but when I click on a mailto: link,
    > it opens its own mail program instead of Outlook, which is my default mail
    > program. Why does it do this when I have the "Use Mozilla Mail as the
    > default mail application" option unchecked?
    >
    > Without this working properly, I'm sticking to IE. Can anyone help?

    See http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.4/faq/mail-news.html#other-default

    Also, you might want to try Firefox
    <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> or K-Meleon
    <http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/>, which are browser-only. They're not
    as featured as the Mozilla suite, but some people like their minimalism.
    Keith Bowes, May 11, 2004

  3. Albert Wiersch wrote:

    > I was thinking of switching to Mozilla, but when I click on a mailto: link,
    > it opens its own mail program instead of Outlook, which is my default mail
    > program. Why does it do this when I have the "Use Mozilla Mail as the
    > default mail application" option unchecked?
    >
    > Without this working properly, I'm sticking to IE. Can anyone help?

    If you only want the browser, why not consider Firefox?

    The suite is intended to function as just that, an integrated
    application suite. While its possible to get Moz to open other email
    clients, its usually messy even when it works.

    Have you installed Mozilla as browser only? I have never done so, so I
    don't know how this custom installation deals with mailto links. There
    is also an extenstion called Launchy:

    http://www.gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html

    It should allow you to choose which email application to open a mailto.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Leonidas Jones, May 12, 2004
  4. Thank you!

    I would have tried that but I ended up uninstalling Mozilla and then
    reinstalling just the browser and it worked.

    --
    Albert Wiersch
    http://www.htmlvalidator.com/

    Albert Wiersch, May 12, 2004
  5. "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message

    > If you only want the browser, why not consider Firefox?

    I would try Firefox if it were at a "release" level.

    > Have you installed Mozilla as browser only? I have never done so, so I
    > don't know how this custom installation deals with mailto links. There
    > is also an extenstion called Launchy:

    Yes, I uninstalled Mozilla and reinstalled the browser only. It worked. It
    now opens Outlook.

    --
    Albert Wiersch
    http://www.htmlvalidator.com/