    is correct as is the subnet mask and the default gateway. Has any one got any
    idea how I can solve this problem?

    Thanks Screamer

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NyZWFtZXI=?=, Dec 26, 2004

  2. http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 26, 2004

  3. See if this helps:

    1. Open the Network Connections folder.
    2. Right-click on the icon for the wireless connection and select
    "Properties".
    3. Click on the "Authentication" tab.
    4. Uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network"
    checkbox.
    5. Click "OK" on all dialogs that are open to save the settings.
    6. Test and verify that the connection holds.

    Bill

    =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGlhbWU=?=, Dec 28, 2004
  4. I have now managed to install an updated driver which works with SP2 I have
    also disabled WZC. This worked for about a day but now it is disconecting at
    random periods. sometimes after 20 seconds sometimes ten minutes. I Have
    tried to find the authentication tab but there are only two tabs there.
    General and Advanced. Am I looking in the right place? (Show connections >
    wireless connection > properties).
    Thanks for your help so far Screamer

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NyZWFtZXI=?=, Dec 29, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2NyZWFtZXI=?=

    Malke Guest

    Screamer wrote:

    > I have now managed to install an updated driver which works with SP2
    > I have also disabled WZC. This worked for about a day but now it is
    > disconecting at random periods. sometimes after 20 seconds sometimes
    > ten minutes. I Have tried to find the authentication tab but there are
    > only two tabs there.
    > General and Advanced. Am I looking in the right place? (Show
    > connections > wireless connection > properties).
    > Thanks for your help so far Screamer

    I have two suggestions:

    1. Make sure that there is no power management enabled in the adapter's
    properties. Go to the Device Manager, find the wireless nic and
    double-click it to get its Properties. Look on the Power Management tab
    and uncheck the box allowing Windows to turn it off.

    2. If #1 doesn't work or isn't applicable, see if a different wireless
    nic will work. If it does, you know the original nic is defective and
    maybe you can return it.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User