    recall if previous versions did this also, but I'm using 1.0.4.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Jeff Ingram wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Why is it that Firefox downloads images twice? If I go to a page with an
    > image it downloads the image. But if I save the image it downloads it
    > again.
    >
    > Is that not a big waist of time? Is there anyway to change this? I can't
    > recall if previous versions did this also, but I'm using 1.0.4.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

    Doesn't do that for me usually, though it does sometimes when I've got a
    lot of other stuff running at the same time. Maybe you need more RAM?

    --
    Ryukage

    Damian Dollahite, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Jeff Ingram

    Jeff Ingram Guest

    Doubt that's it cause I've got 1gig of RAM installed and only 3 programs
    open.

    Example, go to this site http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Ford-GT.htm
    and click on one of the cars. Time how long it takes to load image. Then
    right click and save it to your drive and time it again. One would think
    that the save would be instanteneous since it already downloaded it, right?

    It takes about about 7-8 seconds to load a 1600x1200 image, but it also
    takes the same amount of time to save the same image to my hard drive
    immediatlely after I've loaded the page. Why is that since it's downloaded
    it once already? Why should it have to download it again?

    What happens for you?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Jeff Ingram

    Doug G Guest

    Jeff Ingram wrote:

    > "Damian Dollahite" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Jeff Ingram wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Why is it that Firefox downloads images twice? If I go to a
    >>> page with an image it downloads the image. But if I save the
    >>> image it downloads it again.
    >>>
    >>> Is that not a big waist of time? Is there anyway to change this?
    >>> I can't recall if previous versions did this also, but I'm using
    >>> 1.0.4.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Jeff
    >>>

    >> Doesn't do that for me usually, though it does sometimes when I've
    >> got a lot of other stuff running at the same time. Maybe you need
    >> more RAM?
    >>

    > Doubt that's it cause I've got 1gig of RAM installed and only 3
    > programs open.
    >
    > Example, go to this site
    > http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Ford-GT.htm and click on one of
    > the cars. Time how long it takes to load image. Then right click
    > and save it to your drive and time it again. One would think that
    > the save would be instanteneous since it already downloaded it,
    > right?
    >
    > It takes about about 7-8 seconds to load a 1600x1200 image, but it
    > also takes the same amount of time to save the same image to my hard
    > drive immediatlely after I've loaded the page. Why is that since
    > it's downloaded it once already? Why should it have to download it
    > again?
    >
    > What happens for you?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

    It took about 2 seconds to load a 1600x1200 image, the save was near
    instantaneous.

    What are Firefox's memory and disk cache settings?

    Doug G, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Jeff Ingram

    Jeff Ingram Guest

    My disk cache is set to 50000KB. I have browser.cache.check._doc_frequency
    set to 2 in the about:config

    Interesting thing is that when I go back through my history and click on
    images that were previously downloaded it loads the image almost
    instantaneous. But again when I go to save that image I get the same
    download times as before.

    So I've tried clearing my cache, but I get the same times as before. It's
    as though it's not pulling from my cache only when I go to save the image.

    Ideas?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Jun 22, 2005
  6. Jeff Ingram

    Doug G Guest

    Jeff Ingram wrote:
    > My disk cache is set to 50000KB. I have browser.cache.check._doc_frequency
    > set to 2 in the about:config
    >
    > Interesting thing is that when I go back through my history and click on
    > images that were previously downloaded it loads the image almost
    > instantaneous. But again when I go to save that image I get the same
    > download times as before.
    >
    > So I've tried clearing my cache, but I get the same times as before. It's
    > as though it's not pulling from my cache only when I go to save the image.
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    >> Jeff Ingram wrote:

    >> > Doubt that's it cause I've got 1gig of RAM installed and only 3
    >> > programs open.
    >> >
    >> > Example, go to this site
    >> > http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Ford-GT.htm and click on one of
    >> > the cars. Time how long it takes to load image. Then right click
    >> > and save it to your drive and time it again. One would think that
    >> > the save would be instanteneous since it already downloaded it,
    >> > right?
    >> >
    >> > It takes about about 7-8 seconds to load a 1600x1200 image, but it
    >> > also takes the same amount of time to save the same image to my hard
    >> > drive immediatlely after I've loaded the page. Why is that since
    >> > it's downloaded it once already? Why should it have to download it
    >> > again?
    >> >
    >> > What happens for you?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Jeff
    >> >

    >> It took about 2 seconds to load a 1600x1200 image, the save was near
    >> instantaneous.
    >>
    >> What are Firefox's memory and disk cache settings?

    See how long it takes to save the image after clicking File > Work Offlne.

    I have browser.cache.check._doc_frequency set to 3.

    Doug G, Jun 22, 2005
  7. Jeff Ingram

    Jeff Ingram Guest

    Then it's instantaneous..... More ideas?

    Thanks for the help,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Jun 24, 2005